PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From The Blue Mountains Australia

Felix D'Kat
14th Jan 2018, 11:36 PM
Hi All

As the title suggests in from the Blue Mountains, Australia

So thought I would join up and introduce myself

I'm starting to get into metal fab more seriously instead of just the occasional tinkering here and there

I've got a CIGweld Mig machine

Just bought a reasonable little band saw after my metal drop saw died last year

And I'm building a nice welding table soon, got a stack of 200mm x 16mm slabs ready to go

and the usual suspects, compressor, drill press, grinders etc...

There is a TIG on the near Horizon so hope to get some feedback from other TIG users in Australia

Here's my favourite toy ATM, DRZ400, for those of you in the area this is Hartley, on my way out to the 6' Track

Cheers, FDK

Grahame Collins
15th Jan 2018, 12:35 PM
Hi there Felix D'Kat.

Welcome to our Metalwork Forum community.
You seem well placed toolwise to make good inroads on a few good starter metal work projects.

You will find a wide range of very clever people from all walks of life who indulge themselves in the different aspects of metalwork.

There seems always someone around who can help you with advice or knowledge. You need only ask.

If you have expertise in a subject, in turn, we encourage you to contribute.

I will PM you some links to different areas around the site to help you frame enquiries and general how to navigate around.

Again welcome to the group.

Grahame

old1955
15th Jan 2018, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Felix D'Kat
15th Jan 2018, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome gents, hope to get to know some of the characters here and offer some advise now and then

I'm an amateur and tinkerer but have muddled through in the metal work world without burning or electrocuting myself so far :-)

Now the intro's are over I could use some advise from those that know

Cheers all