PDA

View Full Version : New member application ???

Schtoo
6th Aug 2005, 03:12 PM
A fella over here has tried to join up, and has not recieved a confirmation email or anything yet. He also sent a follow up email to no response so far.

The guy is Stu in Tokyo, his workshop appeared in the general forum about a week ago.

That's all. Just wondering if he got lost or whatever and asked me to ask you guys what's up.

Thanks, Stu in Kagawa, not Tokyo. ;)

craigb
6th Aug 2005, 04:59 PM
Well it has been a few years since I joined but I don't recall getting a confirmation email. You just log-in after you register as far as I remember.

flea1607
6th Aug 2005, 05:34 PM
I got the registration email that you have to click maybe he should try rejoining or wait until Robbo see this thread!!!;)

Shane Watson
6th Aug 2005, 05:40 PM
We need more info before we can do anything...

echnidna
6th Aug 2005, 05:42 PM
Japan is an island nation North West of Australia..
That enoiugh extra info Shane?

outback
6th Aug 2005, 06:46 PM
Curiously enough, Japan has a particularly high number of Japanese living there. That oughta narrow it down Shane. Come on, have a go. :rolleyes:

Shane Watson
6th Aug 2005, 06:55 PM
;) :D :p

RETIRED
6th Aug 2005, 07:28 PM
The confirmation email is generated automatically if everything is filled in properly.

Failing that, let me know what his login name was and I shall check it out.

Schtoo
6th Aug 2005, 10:33 PM
Okey dokey. Sent him an email for the extra details, will let you know when I do. Seems strange, he is pretty good with computer type stuff as far as I have seen, must have just missed something or a typo.

Thanks folks, will forward the extra info when it arrives.

P.S. Japan is also over 70% mountainous, has the world's largest single city in population, the world's largest fish market and they also eat lots of Japanese food. ;)

Trust me, it aint all raw fish and seaweed otherwise I woulda starved by now!

Schtoo
7th Aug 2005, 12:29 AM
Never mind, he seems to have found his way in without anyone's help as it is.

Thanks again folks. :D

RETIRED
7th Aug 2005, 12:49 AM
I noticed he got in.

Sturdee
7th Aug 2005, 09:39 AM
I noticed he got in.

Now that he is in the assylum :D will he ever get out? :rolleyes:

Peter.

Schtoo
7th Aug 2005, 11:25 AM
Situation normal methinks.

He already has his own cubicle... ;)

AlexS
8th Aug 2005, 02:04 PM
P.S. Japan has .... the world's largest fish market !

Tokyo fish markets

kiwigeo
10th Aug 2005, 02:19 AM
they also eat lots of Japanese food. ;)

And a huge amount of fast food as well. Seems every 3rd food outlet these days is a fast food joint. My favourite was Dom Dom....all the coffee you can drink for about $2.50.

Shakeys Pizza pretty good value for starving expats too although they get a bit peeved when they have an all you can eat day at the restaurant. The unwritten rule is you go up and help yourself to the pizza on the counter one piece at a time......we used to go up and help ourselves to the whole pizza!! Made ourselves very popular.