PDA

View Full Version : hooray...finished

eskimo
1st Nov 2017, 09:25 AM
Today is the first day of my retirement...pity the poor mongrel who tries to ring me to place a service call. I aint going!!! final!! go find someone else !!!

All I have to do is a few days of showing new company around my now ex client buildings, pay a few bills and then go see accountant to close all down.

But going to accountant might have to wait a while...I can see a couple of fishing trips coming up..early next month is looking good.

Then its paint the house, polish bench tops, paint gazeebo, etc etc etc...last I looked at the fridge it was just a few lines short of filling an A4 page....:C...was even a subtle word about housework...not sure I heard that correctly tho...hoping I did'nt

sacc51
1st Nov 2017, 10:05 AM
After a few months you'll wonder how the hell you ever found time to go to work.

KBs PensNmore
1st Nov 2017, 10:09 AM
Congratulations on the Retirement. :2tsup:
Tell SWMBO that now you're retired, you don't need to work, THAT INCLUDES HOUSE WORK :D.
Just let me know what hospital you're in, so I can visit you!!!
Kryn

steamingbill
1st Nov 2017, 11:23 AM
Congratulations and Welcome to the good times .......... I think its great, to be waking up at 6:00 making a cup of coffee and then taking my time to drink it instead of gulp and go.

Bill

sacc51
1st Nov 2017, 11:51 AM
You're retired and getting up at 6 o'clock. Shame on you!

bwal74
1st Nov 2017, 01:06 PM
Congratulations. I'm kinda in the same boat, well for a few more months anyway. After 15 + years of service to the big green machine I had enough and put my papers in. But first I have to do six months of long service and other accrued leaves before I'm a free man (and have to find another job). So been at home since September, being a house dad. I didn't realize how much work you have to do, doing the housework!

Best of luck,

Ben.

eskimo
1st Nov 2017, 02:32 PM
You're retired and getting up at 6 o'clock. Shame on you!

habit... isnt it Bill...and besides cant sleep in these beautiful mornings ... best part of the day.

BobL
1st Nov 2017, 04:09 PM
Congrats - I remember my retirement date well.

I also thought I would be able to sleep in after I retired - these days I wake up at around 5. I doze for about 20 minutes or so listening to the radio, but I'm usually having my first coffee at 5:30.

Gavin Newman
1st Nov 2017, 05:19 PM
I'm somewhat jealous, I had planned to retire at the end of the year after 45 years in the one job.
Then my 32 year old daughter moved back home and decided that she wanted a sea change and would be quitting her job in order to study full time at university for 3 years.
So the Bank Of Dad needs to stay open for at least another 3 years. Sigh...

sacc51
1st Nov 2017, 05:22 PM
You're all sick, I'm lucky if I'm up before 8.

KBs PensNmore
1st Nov 2017, 05:45 PM
You're all sick, I'm lucky if I'm up before 8.
And you're going crook at the others, my get up time, if I'm not volunteering is anywhere between 9.00 am and 12.00 midday, otherwise it's 7.55 am, if I don't fall back to sleep.
Kryn

sacc51
1st Nov 2017, 06:15 PM
I volunteer also, but my volunteering to drive the wife batty has no start time. I like to lie around in bed - late, planning how best to do my job to best effect!

Hmmm, had to think about that one: effect or affect...

eskimo
1st Nov 2017, 07:24 PM
Congrats - I remember my retirement date well.

I also thought I would be able to sleep in after I retired - these days I wake up at around 5. I doze for about 20 minutes or so listening to the radio, but I'm usually having my first coffee at 5:30.

what...5.30..not unless I'm going fishing...0630 is bad enough

eskimo
1st Nov 2017, 07:28 PM
I'm somewhat jealous, I had planned to retire at the end of the year after 45 years in the one job.
Then my 32 year old daughter moved back home and decided that she wanted a sea change and would be quitting her job in order to study full time at university for 3 years.
So the Bank Of Dad needs to stay open for at least another 3 years. Sigh...

I still have 3 at home...two doing uni (one of those two plays computers games for a living while he studies)...the other has a job but they electricity is cheap.
3 years will be over real quick

bwal74
2nd Nov 2017, 07:30 AM
I have five, all at home. The eldest one at uni and the youngest starting kindy next year. So I'll be getting up at 7 am and going to work (once this short interlude is over) for the foreseeable future. I keep telling my wife and kids, once your 21 your out (the kids, not the wife)! Somehow I think no-one is listening.

Briangoldcoast
2nd Nov 2017, 02:18 PM
Congratulations on your retirement.
My advice --get a diary, since after 10 years retired I have so much to do I have trouble planning fishing trips.
Just joking about the fishing trips---theres always time for that. In fact Im off to nz with three mates fishing for two weeks , leaving next wednesday.

sacc51
2nd Nov 2017, 05:45 PM
I have no kids, just the wife's two from a previous marriage: she tried the rest and found me the best - honest. They're too old for school and university, they're married and they work. The eldest, when in Australia, drops in stays for a few days, uses and abuses all my tools and then departs, the youngest comes over for lunch every so often with his brats. I don't mind so much, but the wife is not a fan, says she's done her bit and wants to enjoy herself in retirement.

Retirement is great, no responsiblities, just do as you please: caravan, motel or cruise and everyone can work around us.

KBs PensNmore
2nd Nov 2017, 06:41 PM
The way to get the eldest on to leave is to say that you're going to put in some sort of entertainment unit (in that they don't like, ie POOL TABLE) in their room, as such you'll have to find somewhere else to live!!!
When the eldest step son left, we put an office into that room with an archway, so it was unlivable (no privacy), 2 months later he came home:oo:!!!
Kryn

wheelinround
5th Nov 2017, 09:48 AM
Retirement 🤣🤣🤣 you have a short list of roundtuits which will be forever growing often refered to as honeydo jobs.
Now what was once a weekend off becomes either everyday or you never see another day off ever.
Then the mates roll round with Now you have the time can you??[emoji21][emoji21]
However long weekends are continous one after the other[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]