PDA

View Full Version : Drip oiler glass

kenny_10
21st Oct 2017, 11:40 AM
Hi.
Can anyone help with a supplier of glass tube for a drip oiler.. ?
Ken.

Michael G
21st Oct 2017, 12:28 PM
What diameter do you need? I have two pieces 1 1/4" (I think) left over from when converted some oil drippers to 1" size.

Michael

stix012
21st Oct 2017, 12:31 PM
Hi.
Try Labglass at Windorah St at Stafford.
Jim.

kenny_10
21st Oct 2017, 02:09 PM
size required is 38mm dia x 35mm high.
Cheers .. Ken.

texx
25th Oct 2017, 07:47 PM
i used polycarb or perspex not sure which in solid rod and just bored it out . then polished it with wet and dry then toothpaste didnt take long to do .

morrisman
25th Oct 2017, 09:30 PM
Remember when people used to make glass drinking cups out of beer bottles ? Back when we made stuff !

Go to your local op shop and buy some drinking glass of the correct diameter , scribe a line around the glass and heat up with metho, then cool it under the tap , takes a little practice to perfect the method.

Smooth the edges off with glass paper or a linisher and that's it . Glass looks so much better than perspex in a oiler .

texx
25th Oct 2017, 10:10 PM
mine was for a model hit and miss engine it was about 5/8" or 3/4 " diameter from memory .

Nrcollar
19th Jul 2018, 08:06 AM
Ken
My wife is a diabetic and takes insulin. The insulin bottles are glass a little larger than a quarter and about 1.25 tall. Cut the top and bottom off makes a nice glass cylinder that holds about .5 oz of oil.
Good luck
Nelson

BrazOmatic
20th Jul 2018, 03:03 PM
i used polycarb or perspex not sure which in solid rod and just bored it out . then polished it with wet and dry then toothpaste didnt take long to do .

That Sir is a fantastic idea!
I will try that with my broken lathe dirp oiler!

Nrcollar
21st Jul 2018, 01:21 PM
Another thing that is available almost every where is test tubes. You can buy all different sizes.
Check out this site. I think you can get any size you would want:
https://www.indigoinstruments.com/glassware/test_tubes/

Good luck and keep up on the progress.
Nelson