PDA

View Full Version : Powtran VFDs

BobL
17th Oct 2017, 01:18 PM
Gents, some of you may be interested in these great value full vector drive VFDs from Powtran.
I have purchased 3 them direct from the factory in china and the service has been excellent.

Recently I purchased a base model (PI160Z) 1.5kW 220V VFD with braking circuitry for US$78.
The will only use a full on shipping service like DHL which is ~US$40 but for less than the price of an HY, you get full vector drive and braking circuitry included

Here is Photo of the PI 160 compared to the 1.5kW HY.

As well as this PI160 I have purchase a couple of PI930s which are industrial strength devices but are not that much more expensive.
The Manual is EXCELLENT except it is WAAAAY too thick and takes some wading through to find the usual info.

In the WWF I have set up a thread about VFDs and the Powtrans including some prices and the Powtran OS email contact.
VFD install summaries (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f271/vfd-install-summaries-213878)

MasterSpoon
17th Oct 2017, 02:45 PM
Making us do a treasure hunt BobL ?

Might be looking to get a few VFD's in the future so figured I would have a look
Didn't find the info until page 5 of that topic
To save everyone else hunting I'll quote your post here

I have been dealing with Powtran in China to purchase a decent quality 3P-3P VFD.
I started out trying to go through their Alibaba portal but that was hopeless so I approached them direct and their response has been EXCELLENT.

Powtran's latest entry level Vector Drive VFDs (PI9130A series) are full vector drive with the braking circuitry built in, dual speed potentiometer, dual displays and a host of other features - most of which we will never use.

The standard large red LED display shows any value that a machine operator would need to see, while the smaller 4 line OLED (multi-lingual) display screen shows other parameters and is useful for programming. These are much more ruggedised units than the comparable Huanyang VFD models and given the quality, the prices are very reasonable.

You have to ask for a quote and while Was at it I asked for some 220-380V model prices and this is what they provided.
Their 1.5HP model (1R5G1) is US$115
The 3HP (2R2G1) is US$129
5HP (004G1) is US$160
Delivery via DHL is US$40

I ordered a 1.5HP 3P-3P VFD (1R5G3)and it was the same price as the 1R5G1.
So for a total of AUS$200 I get a full vector drive VFD with a host of useful features.

The contact email is [email protected]
The contact name is Nicole Chan.

Back in post #11 of this thread I did a side-by-side comparison of an older model Powtran (PI9100 series) with the HY and you can see some of the differences.

And another from page 6

I got some more prices on VFDs from Powtran.

The Mini or Budget / entry level 240V VFDs (PI160 models) with vector control
2.2kW with no e-brake circuitry are US$85 (Model Number PI160 2R2G1)
1.5kW with no e-brake circuitry are US$73 (Model No, PI160 1R5G1

The braking circuitry adds ~$5 onto the price (braked model numbers have a Z added to the end of them)
Brake resistors cost US$7

Shipping adds a further US$40 but you should get it within a week - my last order took 3days!

These Entry level 240V VFDs only go up to 2.2kW above that you have to go to more pro units.

Even including the shipping these prices are cheaper than comparable HY models which don't have vector control.

Might have to do some more looking into them, price seems pretty good

Cheers
Wayne

BobL
17th Oct 2017, 03:02 PM
Thanks Wayne, I was going to quote that info in my first post thread but I had to rush off.

One thing I forgot to mention in the post above was I've had a bit of a play with the PI 930 model and the dual line display is pretty handy when programming - one line shows the original value of a parameter while the other one shows the changed value. Being able to show two different parameters while running is also handy. The removable front panel also has a bunch of memories in which complete sets of settings can be stored which would make swapping around the VFD to different machines a lot easier. If you had a couple of spare panels you could even just swap out the panels for each machine type

russ57
17th Oct 2017, 06:19 PM
I have an older powtran, it's manual wasn't spectacular but not bad. Good to see they are still around.
I am very happy with the vfd itself except I wish it had braking.
I've got it set to slow down too quickly, and if it is running faster than 50hz I get an overvoltage error. Suppose I had better dig out the manual and fix it [emoji16]
And finish my remote panel.

-russ

BobL
17th Oct 2017, 08:26 PM
I have an older powtran, it's manual wasn't spectacular but not bad. Good to see they are still around.
The manual on these is very good - better than the HY and comparable to a Honeywell VFD.

I am very happy with the vfd itself except I wish it had braking.
I've got it set to slow down too quickly, and if it is running faster than 50hz I get an overvoltage error. Suppose I had better dig out the manual and fix it [emoji16]

What have you got it connected to?
Over voltage error sounds normal for a standard VFD trying to decelerate a machine too fast. Unless it can take a brake there's naught you can really do about it. Constant OV errors can also eventually damage the VFD - one of mine connected to an 8" grinder blew a cap and something else doing this once too often. Eventually I removed the deceleration parameter altogether and let it free coast to a stop. Adding a brake to a grinder could result in wheels loosening so its better that it is not braking anyway.

russ57
17th Oct 2017, 09:05 PM
The manual on these is very good - better than the HY and comparable to a Honeywell VFD.

What have you got it connected to?
Over voltage error sounds normal for a standard VFD trying to decelerate a machine too fast. Unless it can take a brake there's naught you can really do about it. Constant OV errors can also eventually damage the VFD - one of mine connected to an 8" grinder blew a cap and something else doing this once too often. Eventually I removed the deceleration parameter altogether and let it free coast to a stop. Adding a brake to a grinder could result in wheels loosening so its better that it is not braking anyway.It's on a 6x26 mill. I set deceleration to 2 seconds I think, I'll try around 5 seconds.
I just need to remember to slow it down before switch off...

-russ

BobL
18th Oct 2017, 12:24 PM
It's on a 6x26 mill. I set deceleration to 2 seconds I think, I'll try around 5 seconds.
I just need to remember to slow it down before switch off... -russ

Yeah 2 seconds is a bit quick. Even 5 might not be enough.
What is it's coast to stop time? You might find you may only be able to only knock a second or two off that.

Petip
18th Apr 2018, 09:01 AM
Hi Bob
lt would seem there has been a jump in postage costs!
I emailed powtran to get a
quote on on of their 9130 vfds and a couple of braking resisters, the price was fine but the postage was $80 US ! l was expecting around the $40 which you paid. Not sure why there should be so much difference.
l also got a quote on 3 of the 9130 vfds, postage for them came in at $150 US !
l know it's still not a bad price for a good vfd, but l hate getting stung so much for postage (almost as much as the item)

Pete

BobL
18th Apr 2018, 09:17 AM
Hi Bob
lt would seem there has been a jump in postage costs!
I emailed powtran to get a
quote on on of their 9130 vfds and a couple of braking resisters, the price was fine but the postage was $80 US ! l was expecting around the $40 which you paid. Not sure why there should be so much difference.
l also got a quote on 3 of the 9130 vfds, postage for them came in at $150 US !
l know it's still not a bad price for a good vfd, but l hate getting stung so much for postage (almost as much as the item)

Pete

Yeah I notice that on my last order - I wonder if they're playing the - recover costs by playing the shipping game.

russ57
28th Apr 2018, 06:33 PM
Looks like I am in the market for a new one...
Went to use the mill today, error e.lu low voltage.
Power cycled a couple of times and eventually got the motor to run, but sounded like it was hunting, or struggling to get to speed. Got my job done, left it running for a few minutes but no improvement. Then a power cycle and now just y04 in the display.

Was fine a couple of weeks ago, well, maybe 6. Although on reflection it didn't start up first time then either.

Russ
Ps, any issues if I get a 2.2kw model with a 1.5kw load?

BobL
28th Apr 2018, 08:02 PM
I'd be doing a full factory reset, reinsert basic motor parameters and try again.

russ57
28th Apr 2018, 08:58 PM
Couldn't hurt...

Maybe the long time switched off resulted in lost parameters...

Russ

russ57
4th May 2018, 10:17 AM
I've just ordered a PI160 2R2G1Z via Nicole. @88 plus freight 28.
(usd)
As you noted, very quick and easy.

Initially she offered the 2.2kw 9000 @ about usd210 delivered including 80 freight , then apologised for mistake and offered the 160.

Russ

BobL
4th May 2018, 12:54 PM
Excellent, I was just about to post the good news as it just so happens I have been negotiating a cheaper freight rate with Nicole over the last couple of days.

Info for anyone else, Powtran may still default to use DHL which have recently their freight to ~$80 :oo: for a VFD, so make sure you ask for a cheaper freight option.

The are proposing to use "Australian Special line" the first half kg is us$10 and additional weight is us$3/0.5kg so it sounds like you have about 3kg package.

I had lined up someone from the WWF else to place an order and told Nicole about it and that he would appreciate the reduced rate but he decided not to go ahead so am glad you did !!

I'm about to order another.

Did you try a full factory reset?

Petip
4th May 2018, 02:43 PM
Hi Bob
You must be a bit of a sweet talker.
l was going to purchase a vfd from Nicole a couple of weeks ago, however us$80 was too steep for freight.
l received another email yesterday from her saying that after talking to her customer 'Bob' she has been able to reduce postage to $49
Cheers
Pete

BobL
4th May 2018, 03:39 PM
Hi Bob
You must be a bit of a sweet talker.
l was going to purchase a vfd from Nicole a couple of weeks ago, however us$80 was too steep for freight.
l received another email yesterday from her saying that after talking to her customer 'Bob' she has been able to reduce postage to $49
Cheers
Pete

No worries Pete, I guess it shows it does not hurt to ask. :)

russ57
7th May 2018, 10:57 PM
Ordered 2nd may, delivered 9am 7th.

Russ

BobL
8th May 2018, 09:23 AM
I just ordered 2 , 2HP PI160s inc delivery for US$190 thats AUS$131,50 each - full inverter VFDs.

Com_VC
8th May 2018, 04:43 PM
That is pretty cheap for a vector drive VFD, i'm almost tempted to grab one to try out. Will it work out the same price if just one drive was bought or does it work out to be cheaper because you ordered 2 of them?

Also is there an online manual available?

BobL
8th May 2018, 09:20 PM
That is pretty cheap for a vector drive VFD, i'm almost tempted to grab one to try out. Will it work out the same price if just one drive was bought or does it work out to be cheaper because you ordered 2 of them?

Same price - might have saved a few $ in the shipping.

The place is factory and they normally sell VFDs by the container load.so they have no retail/webshop etc.
The way it works is you have to email them for a quote for a specific model plus "Australia Special Line shipping" they then get back to you with a quote and you can then pay them via PayPal or WU.

The woman (Nicole) that handles the OS sales writes excellent english but is not a technical person so you have to know what you want. You can ask technical questions but Nicole has to then ask someone and teh reply may suffer from the vagaries of a double translate.

Also is there an online manual available?
Yeas there are but can you find the,?
The english section of the website is.has been undergoing an up grade for a couple of months and is still incomplete.
http://www.powtran.com/en-us/product/295.aspx
I will post what I have been able to extract from the Chinese side of the website.

The manuals and catalogs for the 9130 are too big for the forum to handle.
Maybe go back and re-read this thread so you can familiarise yourself with some of the models
Feel free to ask me questions about the models if you think it might save you time.

There are basically 3 240V models, PI130, 160 and 9120
The PI130 and 160 are compact budget type models but are still full inverter with a reduced instruction set.
The PI9130 are industrial strength units so cost a bit more - they have due line text display and nice features like a number of memories to store parameters for different machines etc.

There is also a new PI500 series that sits in between the 160 and 9130 for price and features. None of these are available in 240V yet.

Com_VC
3rd Jun 2018, 08:09 PM
Hi Bob,

Thinking of trying one of these out depending on what sort of price I can pick one up for. Do you know if they are available in 0.75kw (1hp)? Is there a list of the different sizes available?

Also what is the difference between the PI130 and PI160?

BobL
3rd Jun 2018, 10:20 PM
Hi Bob,

Thinking of trying one of these out depending on what sort of price I can pick one up for. Do you know if they are available in 0.75kw (1hp)?
Is there a list of the different sizes available?

There is - they are listed in the links to those docs above.
240V SP to 240V 3P;
The 130's come in 0.4, 0.75, and 1.5 kW
The 160's come in 0.4, 0.75, 1.5 and 2.2
The 9130 come in 0.4, 0.75, 1.5, 2.2, 4 and 5.5 kW

Also what is the difference between the PI130 and PI160?
All of their VFDs are vector drive capable.
PI130 and 160 are the same form factor, similar basic performance, and basic components.
There are a few small basic performance differences eg the 130 drives to 400Hz for V/F and Vector modes whereas the 160 only goes to 300Hz in V/F but 3200Hz in Vector mode.

The main difference between the 130 and 160 is the 160 almost has the smarts of the PI9130 meaning the 160 has about double the numbers of parameter settings that the 130 has.
I seriously doubt you will need any of these extra commands for a basic machine function, besides there is a good chance you might mess up one of the extra parameters.

The PI9130 range are industrial strength full, larger physically more robust components, permanent memory storage settings for multiple machines, dual line display, enhanced parameter set etc.

If you want a 130 you need to ask for a quote for a PI130 0R7G1, if you want a 160 ask for a quote for a PI160 0R7G1 - on the last quote I got for these VFDs there was $10 difference between the two.

Com_VC
8th Jun 2018, 09:13 PM
Ended up ordering the PI160 1.5kw. There was only about $10 difference between the 0.75kw version. This will give me more options later on if I need to upgrade motors.

Nicole was easy to deal with during the ordering process and she got back to my replies pretty quickly.

Look forward to it arriving, gets posted out Monday and should take about 10 days apparently.

grunto
8th Jun 2018, 09:23 PM
I ordered a PI160 2R2G1 last night. Nicole sent me an email today saying the freight company had picked it up and it was on its way. I went for the cheap shipping so the ETD is 8 - 10 days which is fine for me - as long it gets here before the new GST laws come into effect. :D

BobL
8th Jun 2018, 10:19 PM
I've ordered 2 VFDs using their new shippers the first one took 8 days and the second one took 11 days.

.RC.
9th Jun 2018, 10:12 AM
- as long it gets here before the new GST laws come into effect. :D

Objects entering the country still come under the same rules. Under $1000 straight through.

The GST is collected by the seller only if they sell over $75 000 worth of goods to au in a year and on top of that register for it.

BobL
9th Jun 2018, 10:32 AM
Something else to consider, the PI130 and 160 don't have any capacity for the installation of proper cable glands.

ie when installed they look like the photo below with mains cable inlets and 3P out showing.
My understanding is, that to be installed to code means they then need to be installed inside a protective cabinet as show for my MW lathe below.

This is not the only reason I used a cabinet install for the VFD on my MW lathe - the metal work end of my shed has been pretty grotty from welding/grinding dust and I wanted to protect the VFD from all this. Hopefully now I have a mill this will reduce the need for all that grinding.
BTW the fan sucks out and the dust around the fan is 7 years of accumulated use, there's vey little dust in the rest of the cabinet, not too bad really.

On my DP I have done this

Here is a PI9130 installation - it's on the underside leg of a table for a 2HP Radial arm saw at the mens shed.
The white/grey box below it is a Braking resistor.
It reduces the 2.5 minutes of coasting time after being tuned off down to 4s.
It could be programmed to stop even quicker but that increases the risk the blade becoming loose.

I'm installing a 160 and a 130 on my little Hercus mill and they are going inside a cabinet under the mill itself.
Like this

Com_VC
9th Jun 2018, 03:38 PM
7 years, that's quite impressive, still looks quite tidy inside. The PI 160 has been around for quite some time then.

There shouldn't be any issues running a higher capacity VFD with a lower HP motor is that correct?

BobL
9th Jun 2018, 05:00 PM
7 years, that's quite impressive, still looks quite tidy inside. The PI 160 has been around for quite some time then.
Sorry I didn't quite fully explain it. I was just referring to the black plastic cabinet.
The VFD that spent most of the 7 years in that cabinet is the beige on now in the drill press cabinet.
The beige one is an SAJ and appears to be a Powtran clone externally but has a few less features internally.

I have done a lot of grinding at that end of the shed but I also have decent exhaust/extraction via my (1200 CFM) welding bay extractor and more recently in the middle of the shed at the roof line via a second exhaust fan which I run at ~1000 CFM.

There shouldn't be any issues running a higher capacity VFD with a lower HP motor is that correct?
Not for the VFD but there could be for the motor. The key parameter for the motors is to set the max current output by the VFD to suit the motor that way you won't overheat the motor

electrosteam
15th Jun 2018, 07:10 PM
Bob,
Do the PowTran VFDs run the internal fan continuously ?
My SAJ unit does, and in a quiet workshop can be annoying.
John

Com_VC
15th Jun 2018, 07:32 PM
Looks like it is able to be configured.

F7.41 Cooling fan control Fan running only when running 00 ☆ Fan always running 1Used to select the cooling fan mode, if you select 0, the fan will run when the inverter isrunning, but in the stop state of inverter, if the radiator temperature is above 40 degrees, the fanwill run, otherwise the fan will not run.If you select 1, when the fan will always running afterpower-on.

BobL
15th Jun 2018, 08:09 PM
Looks like VC has covered it.
I have been systematically placing the Powtrans inside protective cabinets although noise is not why I do this.

Except for one of the Huanyangs I don't notice the noise but agree the SPL from multiple VFD fans can be irritating.

Here is some hard data on SPLS

The SPL measurements provided for each VFD is for 1m from the VFD at head height above the floor.
Shed background (nothing running) was 45dBA

The 1HP VFD on the shed ventilator does not have a fan so it was the same as shed background.

The Huanyangs produced the following SPLs
2HP on the WW lathe 55 dBA
2HP inside a 10" pedestal grinder cabinet (includes a 100mm 250V fan), 54 dBA
2HP on the grinding station (includes a 250V relay that hum a fair bit) 61 dBA.
4HP on Belt Sander; 58 dBA,
4HP on BandSaw 56 dBA
4HP on DC, 59 dBA

Powtran
Test Bed 3HP 9130 52 dBA (not inside a cabinet)
2HP PI160 and 0.5HP PI130 inside Hercus Mill cabinet includes a 92 mm 240V vent fan, 48dBA

2HP SAJ VFD inside protective cabinet on DP, 47 dBA includes a 100mm 12V ball bearing fan

When all VFDs are on and I'm standing at my main bench, 59 dBA

The HYs tend to be noisier although maybe even less so because they are all bar one inside cabinets.

BobL
22nd Jun 2018, 09:32 AM
Powtran contacted me yesterday to say that as from July 1 their cost to use PayPal for small number VFD purchases will increase by ~US$35 per transaction which obviously puts a large hit on the purchaser of 1 or 2 VFDs.

The reasons are complicated and I can try and explain it if anyone wants to know, but what I wonder is if it has something to do with deteriorating US/China relations.

The remaining option is to use Western Union (WU) Transfer. This will be a few $ more expensive than the current PayPal arrangement for the purchase of a single small VFD, about the same if you purchase 2 small VFDs, and cheaper if you purchase more than 2 small VFDs.

I have explored the WU payment portal and it is a bit more complicated than using PayPal, unlike PayPal it does not guarantee the the receiver will receive a specific amount.

There is also the slight concern that WU is not as secure as Paypal and would be interested in hearing from anyone that has used WU on-line transfers recently and what their experience has been.

I am in ongoing discussion with Powtran to see if this can be resolved.

grunto
24th Jun 2018, 06:26 PM
$35USD seems a bit steep seeing they already charge a premium for PayPal vs Western Union - I would like to understand what the cost difference is caused by so I can convince myself it is justified. When I bought off them recently I elected to pay via PayPal and pay the premium (5%) as I was unsure about how to even go about paying via Western Union. I would like to also know if anyone has any experience with Western Union and whether the system is secure (I notice that a lot of Ali Express suppliers use Western Union).

BobL
24th Jun 2018, 07:28 PM
$35USD seems a bit steep seeing they already charge a premium for PayPal vs Western Union - I would like to understand what the cost difference is caused by so I can convince myself it is justified.

The USD$35 is not a fee imposed by Powtran or PayPal but by PowTran's Chinese bank as a results of changes in papally funds transfers.

As from July 1 Paypal will no longer allow Chinese companies like Powtran to transfer their money from PayPal as Chinese currency (CYN). Instead they are forcing the Chinese companies to accept deposits into their Chinese accounts as USD. Powtran's chinese bank then charges Powtran US$35 for as a minimum fee to convert any amount of USD to CYN. You need to remember that Powtran sells VFDs by the container load so when they sell 1000 units $35 is nothing but when you sell one it's a lot. It's pretty unusual to be able to buy a US$100 item direct from a Chinese factory.

When I bought off them recently I elected to pay via PayPal and pay the premium (5%) as I was unsure about how to even go about paying via Western Union. I would like to also know if anyone has any experience with Western Union and whether the system is secure (I notice that a lot of Ali Express suppliers use Western Union).

Paying via Western Union is pretty similar to PayPal. You register and can elect how to send money. They charge a flat fee of $10 for amounts under AUS$500 and $18 for amounts above that up to another level.

grunto
24th Jun 2018, 09:27 PM
I deal with other Chinese companies that have told me a similar story. The difference appears that when they transfer money from PayPal they do so as a large amount from many transactions so that the $35USD is not per sale but per money transfer. This explanation may have lost something in translation but that is how I understand it - at the very least they are not planning on charging $35USD per order (although that may change in a couple of days when it takes affect). That coupled with a possible 10% GST charge (still haven't got to the bottom of that with many contradictory views as to what is going to happen) will make 1 Jul an interesting day!

I guess as a company it makes PowTran's position difficult and they need to do what is best for their business. At least the Western Union option is there so might be the way to go for future orders.

Com_VC
25th Jun 2018, 04:14 PM
Mine arrived today, sent out on the 11th. It was well packaged, i've not yet powered it up yet though.

benhoskin
27th Jun 2018, 08:08 AM
I have just completed the western union transfer after some emails with Nicole. Once this has been completed i will update this thread with how it works.
I have ordered :

PI9130A 004G1 : USD160

Resistor RXLG:500W/40R: USD15

Freight: USD58

Total cost : USD233.
so a 4kw single phase input 9130 series drive with braking resistor.

For the WU transfer , you can use a FIRSTFREEAU as a promo code to get the first one free, saves $18 AUD fee.

Also you must be well regarded by Nicole, Mr Bob from Australia.

Com_VC
27th Jun 2018, 06:05 PM
Do you know if there is an IDC female to male cable available for remote mounting the Control panel?

BobL
27th Jun 2018, 07:46 PM
Do you know if there is an IDC female to male cable available for remote mounting the Control panel?

I just made my own from 10 way ribbon and these two IDC 10 way plugs from Altronics.
373958 373959
Thats a P5310 on the left and P5060 on the right.

I wish I could have found male plugs that crimped directly onto wires but the only male plug I could find was the 5310 which is Male/Male to attach to a circuit board.
Fortunately the 5060 plugs into the back as well as the front of the 5310.
So on the remote panel you need a 5310 to plug into the panel and then a 5060 to plug into the back of the 5310 and attach the 10 way ribbon cable to the 5060.

Somewhere in the 10 way cable path you actually need a cross over cable so the following is a bit of a kludge but it works.
If you don't use a cross over the panel will not even light up or maybe it will light up and flash.

For the VFD on the LHS I made up a crossover cable from scratch ie PITA.
You could get away with 2 x 5060 and do the crossover on the cable end itself but I had no chance with my fat hands

For the the VFD on the RHS I made a cross over by using the following
Forget about the FX plug.
F1 is a 5060 as are F2 and F3, In between F3 and F2 is a 5310 - the effect is to create a cross over cable that works.
You will have to play around with the orientation to get it right.
Remember to keep the verticals in the same orientation but the two sides need to be swapped over.

BobL
28th Jun 2018, 09:46 AM
I found some 10 way IDC female/male cable some on ebay - not the most elegant implementation with the double cable - it looks like they are sort of "home made"

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3Ft-1m-10pin-Male-to-Female-0-1-USB-IDC-Motherboard-Header-Extension-Cable-Cord/191306304088?hash=item2c8abe8a58:g:BFYAAOSwnDZT~ovT

Because of the way they're made they could be reconfigured as cross over quite easily.

Com_VC
28th Jun 2018, 04:24 PM
Which Pins need to be crossed over? I have some of these on order. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-2-54mm-2x5-Pin-10-Pin-IDC-Male-Box-Header-Flat-Cable-Connector-Mounting-Ear/172302042862?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

BobL
28th Jun 2018, 04:39 PM
Which Pins need to be crossed over? I have some of these on order. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-2-54mm-2x5-Pin-10-Pin-IDC-Male-Box-Header-Flat-Cable-Connector-Mounting-Ear/172302042862?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

With those plugs you should't need to cross them over. As long as they match the originals pin for pin.

Com_VC
28th Jun 2018, 04:41 PM
There is also these ones but they are only short, but probably still suitable for some applications.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1Pcs-2-54mm-Male-Box-Header-10-Pin-To-IDC-FC-Female-10Pin-Flat-Ribbon-Cable-20CM/172347404322?hash=item2820b4b022:g:9nIAAOSwridZ8eT2

caskwarrior
28th Jun 2018, 04:42 PM
My older powtran came with an ethernet cable to run the display, is that not the case with the newer units?

BobL
28th Jun 2018, 05:28 PM
My older powtran came with an ethernet cable to run the display, is that not the case with the newer units?
The smaller Powtran units (160 and 130) use a 10 way IDC cable - the 9130 use an ethernet cable.

BobL
28th Jun 2018, 05:30 PM
There is also these ones but they are only short, but probably still suitable for some applications.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1Pcs-2-54mm-Male-Box-Header-10-Pin-To-IDC-FC-Female-10Pin-Flat-Ribbon-Cable-20CM/172347404322?hash=item2820b4b022:g:9nIAAOSwridZ8eT2

That's what came with my old SAJ VFD - it's a Powtran Clone of sorts.

russ57
28th Jun 2018, 10:22 PM
I don't think there is any security issue with Western union.

The problems reported around WU are mainly where someone has been convinced to pay for non existent goods, or a claimed tax debt for example.
WU is an instant transfer, with no reversal or recourse, unlike PayPal or your credit card, where there is fraud protection and some recourse against the merchant.

Russ

benhoskin
28th Jun 2018, 11:09 PM
Well, update on my order.

I transferred my $ in Yuan ( i believe that WU does everything in $US, but then allows users to cash out in local currency) But it allowed me to make sure that i was sending the correct amount.
You must enter a lot of your details(obviously to try to avoid money trafficking), and the suppliers details (given to you by Nicole)
Once you have completed the transfer you email Nicole, your address and phone number along with MTCN number. This allows them to collect the $ on their side.

Nicole will then update you that the payment was a success and organise your delivery.
Mine will take a little longer as they must wait for the braking resistor to come to their factory.

Nicole mentioned that this was very convenient for them to receive the payment and also a lot less fees for both parties.
You do loose your protection as once you have sent the $ through WU it is gone, so please ensure correct details are entered.

I will update this thread once my drive arrives.
Ben

benhoskin
14th Jul 2018, 11:14 AM
Update, the drive has arrived.

Ordered on the 27th June, i was told they had to wait for the braking resistor to arrive (however the drive shipped out same day!)
arrived in Perth on the 12th July, last stage of delivery by Toll.
The drive was double boxed lots of packaging it looks great, now just trying to find the time to wire it up and mount it.
Bob thanks for the great lead on these with the favorable shipping prices.

Ben