PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

metaler
18th Sep 2017, 07:50 PM
Having on some forums mentioned earlier in the year that I would take a break from issuing further videos the pause has made me realise that it has come to the time to retire. However, the videos that I had already completed and intended to issue two at a time, I have now made them all public. They are a series I have called “Project for an Afternoon” a link here. Harold Halls Videos, index (http://www.homews.co.uk/page617a.html)

Having made those comments, I just may add the occasional video or a few pages to my website, but do not see this as likely in the foreseeable future. The reason is that at the age of 84 I am finding tasks increasingly demanding, typically correspondence. I will though be pleased still to receive emails that I can answer simply, such as, “Thanks for your email” or, “That's a good idea, must try it some time”.

Could I please ask that you see the correspondence page on my website where there is more detail regarding the situation. Correspondence (http://www.homews.co.uk/page6.html)

I will still view my website statistics though most forum only give the total number of visits which is of little use, only a small number give the page from which a link occurred and can then be followed up.

I would now like to give a big thank you to the very large number of home metalworkers, world wide, who have thanked me for my articles, books, website, and more recently, videos. Such has done much to help keep me going for some 25 years.

Thanks to you all.
Harold Hall

KBs PensNmore
18th Sep 2017, 08:28 PM
Thank you for ALL the work that you have put into the videos and books, I'm sure everyone enjoys them, and I'm certain that you'll enjoy your retirement.
All the best for your future.
Regards
Kryn

chambezio
23rd Sep 2017, 08:50 AM
Harold (my Dad was Harold and I carry his Harold as my middle name) I hope you have a long and enjoyable retirement!!! WE are all in your debt for all the information you have made available to us. Experience is such a great teacher so with your guidance we have all attempted tasks that you have inspired confidence in our selves to take on.

morrisman
23rd Sep 2017, 03:35 PM
Harold I have most of your books. It's been nothing but an inspirational experience reading the books . Your powers of deduction and methodology ( is that a word ) never cease to amaze me . I can only hope to achieve a fraction of your skills . Mike

steamingbill
23rd Sep 2017, 04:13 PM
Same as morrisman. Have got the books and as a result have managed to do things that I would never have believed could ever be in my skill range 3 years ago. Well done, the books and the web pages are a terrific resource.

Bill

SurfinNev
23rd Sep 2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks Harold and enjoy your retirement.

Grahame Collins
24th Sep 2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks Harold

May you enjoy a long happy retirement.

Grahame

jhovel
24th Sep 2017, 09:23 PM
Enjoy your retirement Harold! Once you get the hang of it, you will have a ball. Took me about 2 years to get the hang of it .....
Don;t be a stranger here though! We will always be interested in your views, contributions and advice.