PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm Lisa & I have a Sheraton Diploma Metalworking Lathe to sell-any suggestions??

SellLisasLathe
29th Jul 2017, 03:43 PM
Hello there,

I have a lathe in the shed that came with the house when we bought it.
It's a Sheraton Diploma lathe, and was made by Sheraton, along with other styles such as Defiance, Cadet and Challenger.
I don’t know much about lathes, but I don’t need it or want it and I’m trying to find someone who might want it.
There are lots of bits and pieces that were sitting on the machine, along with cylinders of metal.
I have an old copy of an instruction manual, but it seems to be for Defiance, Cadet and Challenger, and the pages are all over the place, so I am not sure how useful it is.

I have a stack of pictures that I can send you!

Lisa

old1955
30th Jul 2017, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Lisa.

Keith_W
1st Aug 2017, 04:28 AM
Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the Forum.
In the General section of the Forum start a Thread on your lathe asking the members to help in identifying your lathe and commenting on its condition and how complete it is. Pictures helps a lot in being able to give constructive comment back to you. From this the Forum members will be able to advise you as to what to sell the lathe for and any tooling/parts etc that there are with it.
Keith_W.

Grahame Collins
1st Aug 2017, 08:05 PM
Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the Forum.
In the General section of the Forum start a Thread on your lathe asking the members to help in identifying your lathe and commenting on its condition and how complete it is. Pictures helps a lot in being able to give constructive comment back to you. From this the Forum members will be able to advise you as to what to sell the lathe for and any tooling/parts etc that there are with it.
Keith_W.

Keith,
Lisa had already posted relevant lathe information and photos in the general section. By our MetalWork Forum Terms of Use this was wrong and the post was subsequently moved to the Metalwork market place.