PDA

View Full Version : Beer Wrenches

DSEL74
19th Jul 2017, 09:28 PM
I'm was back in the smithy today first time I've been in there working since the heart attacks.

Decided to make some bottle openers to sell for Father's Day.

Never done them before as I don't drink. Decided to stretch the brain and forge three different designs simultaneously.

The small one looks like it came from a rusty bar but the texture was hammered in.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/78f4a75b092f74c063b00cb5b376a4b0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/64983bb754901867aba12459b58bf7df.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/bc05f30985bc7d48c61f1512b16e4a1f.jpg

Simplicity
19th Jul 2017, 10:13 PM
They should easily sell Dale
And great to hear your back bashing hot metal.
Just a pity I can't stand Beer.
Would they work on Cider bottles [emoji41]

Cheers Matt

DSEL74
19th Jul 2017, 10:29 PM
I guess they would if they have the same kind of cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBs PensNmore
19th Jul 2017, 10:52 PM
Nice work Dale. Did you know that most of the Draft Beers show the manufacturers on the label!!!!!

DSEL74
20th Jul 2017, 01:26 AM
Kryn, I don't understand the comment mate.

KBs PensNmore
20th Jul 2017, 02:16 AM
Draught beer, usually show draught horses on the label, hence "manufacturers on the label". In other words Draught Beer is Draught Horse P :oo:

Simplicity
20th Jul 2017, 09:06 AM
I guess they would if they have the same kind of cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was being cheeky mate [emoji41]
I'm pretty sure they use the same cap size.

Oldneweng
21st Jul 2017, 12:08 PM
In other words Draught Beer is Draught Horse P

Ha Ha I can't argue that, but then all beer to me tastes something like that. I can't understand how anyone can stand that taste, let alone like it. The taste is terrible.:puke:

I much prefer cider, but I haven't been drinking for 18months now.

SWMBO is drinking some fancy(?) berry cider which does have "Crown Seals", but most ciders have modern screw caps. Actually the caps may be the same, just the bottle is different. I have used Crown Seals on screw top bottles to make cider.

I like the openers Dale and I think they should sell. What guy wouldn't want one in his man cave? SWMBO like them too.

Dean

DSEL74
21st Jul 2017, 03:53 PM
Thanks Dean,

PM me if you want one for your man or Sheila caves.

KBs PensNmore
21st Jul 2017, 11:53 PM
Ha Ha I can't argue that, but then all beer to me tastes something like that. I can't understand how anyone can stand that taste, let alone like it. The taste is terrible.:puke:

I much prefer cider, but I haven't been drinking for 18months now.

SWMBO is drinking some fancy(?) berry cider which does have "Crown Seals", but most ciders have modern screw caps. Actually the caps may be the same, just the bottle is different. I have used Crown Seals on screw top bottles to make cider.

I like the openers Dale and I think they should sell. What guy wouldn't want one in his man cave? SWMBO like them too.

Dean

Aren't you thirsty by now Dean:D

Husband says to his wife "I'm going to the pub for a while" Wife says "Can I come to" Husband says "Why not!" They get there and He says to her " What would you like to drink?" She replies "I'll have the same as you". He brings the drinks over, she has a taste and says "YUK, How can you drink this stuff?" He says "And you think I go out to enjoy myself"
Kryn

Oldneweng
22nd Jul 2017, 12:51 AM
Thats a good one Kryn. I almost wish I was in a position to use it.

I eat lots of wet food!:D

Dean