PDA

View Full Version : A simple CAD drawing request

jhovel
13th Jul 2017, 12:09 AM
Do we have someone here willing to do a relatively simple CAD drawing for me - even in Sketchup is fine? It's the collet block I made over the past couple of weeks.
Here: http://metalworkforums.com/f303/t200771-joe-peter-collet-blocks
I'd like a 3-D render and normal dimensioned orthographic projections, please.
I'll provide the dimensions to any taker of the task. I'm completely frustrated with the thread and internal taper.... I simply can't seem to draw them concentrically.... I've tried a couple of CAD programs now and have the same issue in each - just seem to be loosing the reference axis along the way... and I can't seem to work out how to get orthographic views from a 3-D model of any kind...
Please PM me.

Oldneweng
13th Jul 2017, 01:26 AM
I have tried 3D, but my thoughts on it is that you need to be doing it all the time to be proficient. I found it was just wasting my time and not really required. I just need a record of the design so I can print it out and know where to find it again in 5 years time. I have the same issues as you.

Dean

caskwarrior
13th Jul 2017, 09:55 AM
Hi Joe I would be more than happy to do it, if you pm me the dimensions ill have it done tomorrow.

caskwarrior
13th Jul 2017, 10:22 PM
Just thought i would pop in a render, I can definitely recommend fusion360 as being really nice to use, although my only other comparison is solidworks.

jhovel
13th Jul 2017, 11:23 PM
Thank you very much Ralph!
That is an artist's work.