PDA

View Full Version : Qualos Junior lathe

kenny_10
21st Feb 2017, 04:50 PM
Back in 2012 I purchased a Qualos Junior lathe (#866), and after stripping it down, discovered that i was not only missing various parts but many of the parts were either broken or just worn out.
Later I purchased another more complete one (#1060).. I am still missing odd bits, but i have enough to get one up and running.
As I would like to get it back to original specs, I would be interested in hearing from other owners who have either rebuilt or tinkered with these machines.
Two things i want to get right are the one that attaches the tool holder to the compound slide, and secondly the bolt/stud that holds the compound rest to the cross slide... those on both machines being shoddy replacements..
Pic 1 is from #866... underside of compound..11mm hole and no way of stopping the bolt from turning
Pic 2 is from #1060 ...underside of compound.. 9.5mm hole ... a lug on the head of the bolt kept it from turning.
Pic 3 is the cross slide with a "T" shaped nut ? that was locked with 2 screws... this has a 5/16 whit thread.
My question is.. what are the dimensions for the correct studs ?.

Ken.