PDA

View Full Version : G`Day from Perth

.Jynx.
28th Dec 2016, 03:24 PM
G`Day all,
Nice to meet you all. I`ve only found this forum very recently after purchasing a Sieg C6 lathe secondhand in Perth & seeking out information. Congratulations on your site from what i`ve read so far there`s a wealth of valuable & varied information here.

Regards,
Jeremy

old1955
29th Dec 2016, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Jeremy.

Ross

mahgnia
29th Dec 2016, 04:43 PM
Jeremy,
Welcome to the forum.
There are a couple of guys here that have a C6 lathe, including myself.

Andrew.

.Jynx.
30th Dec 2016, 05:22 PM
Cheers Ross

.Jynx.
30th Dec 2016, 05:34 PM
Cool Andrew, last time i used a lathe was high school nearly 40 years ago but looking forward to repairing a few items around the house & embarking on some projects. I haven`t turned anything yet I wanted to go through the lathe first with lubrication etc and a general check over & I have rectified a few anomalies along the way, the main one I found was a tight spot in the cross feed, it turned out to be the adjustment on the cross feed hand wheel with that small set screw on the tightening nut it`s extremely sensitive.
I`ve also had to remove the Splash shield a couple of times & you need to remove the four tiny screws on the cover at the back which covers the electrics, funnily enough they`re exactly the same size & thread as computer case thumb screws - that was my first mod.