PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Melbourne.

Turbine Builder
6th Oct 2016, 11:10 PM
G'day guys,
I use to be a fitter and turner many years ago now have been tinkering in my workshop building turbine engines and fabricating. I like to learn more on the mechanical engineering side and lean from you guys out there. I have started a project at the moment which is one of many projects on the go, so will start a thread here to share with you and maybe get some advice as well.

Cheers,
Mark.

jhovel
7th Oct 2016, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mark!
Another Victorian here. Good...
Tell us more about your turbine engines: full size or scale? Thrust or shaft? Been following a couple of very interesting shaft turbine builds for motorcycles on the 'net. Amazing engineering and manufacture involved....
What machinery to you have to deal with the intricacies of turbine building?

caskwarrior
7th Oct 2016, 09:21 AM
G'Day Mark, Always good to have more locals here! Look forward to a turbine thread!

Ralph

Turbine Builder
7th Oct 2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks Joe, We build scale up from the micro turbine design using large turbocharger parts. Thrust and shaft engines. Owning a lathe and mill and some other tools is all that is required and be a member on JATO jet and turbine owners very helpful on that site. I almost finish off my jet ride on mower project and now working on a jet trike build which will be shaft driven with a 150 HP turbine built from scratch, here is a link to my build threads. Turbine rover mower project | JATO -Jet and Turbine Owners- (http://jetandturbineowners.proboards.com/thread/600/turbine-rover-mower-project?page=1)

Cheers,
Mark.

Turbine Builder
7th Oct 2016, 10:04 AM
G'day Ralph thanks mate. I wont start a turbine thread on this site as i have build threads on JATO I want to concentrate leaning and getting tips and tricks on machinery skills from this site. I have also started building a keg furnace which i think i will start a thread on here. You can check out my turbine build threads on this site. Turbine rover mower project | JATO -Jet and Turbine Owners- (http://jetandturbineowners.proboards.com/thread/600/turbine-rover-mower-project?page=1)

Cheers,
Mark.

old1955
9th Oct 2016, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark.

Turbine Builder
9th Oct 2016, 11:29 PM
Thanks mate :)