PDA

View Full Version : Looking to trade for a surface plate (and other stuff)

caskwarrior
20th Sep 2016, 03:21 PM
After a recent trip to Japan where I bought, by my partners definition 'Way too many tools, what are you doing, please stop, how are we ever going to fly home with all this junk!' Im not allowed so spend any money, but find myself as ever, in need of a surface plate. I have quite a lot of tooling I could part with in order to get myself some sweet, tasty reference surface. Currently im using a ground piece of tool steel but it isnt ideal, and upon inspection isnt very flat.

Things I have to trade:
1 Tesatest test indicator, 0-1mm +- 0.001mm increments, this thing is the bees knees, and i dont particularly want to get rid of it but will if I have to.
1 8" Mitutoyo dial caliper, the highest tolerance model, super nice in velvet case
LH/RH Trigon style 1" shank lathe tools Sandvik, big 40mm boring bar.
Iscar parting tool holder, blades and inserts 1" shank, great setup.

Im in Melbourne, and dont really want to have to go interstate, but if I have to I will, Ill also be at Bendigo swap-meet with a stall this November.

Other things I need are:
- Decent keyless chuck for my bridgeport
- R8 collets
- R8 face mill for APKT style inserts

Open to other trades for the stuff I listed above.

Ralph

Regards - Ralph

Michael G
20th Sep 2016, 06:06 PM
G'day Ralph
Know that feeling (or rather, know the feeling those sort of statements generate).
There are these surface plates - https://www.carbatec.com.au/sharpening-grinding-and-polishing/lapping-plates/granite-surface-plate, which are not too bad or are you after something bigger?
I have a spare 1/2" Albrecht drill chuck sitting in a drawer too. No arbor but something could be sorted

Michael

caskwarrior
20th Sep 2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks Michael, those carbatec plates are a little small, but readily affordable, I really need something about 18" x 18" or bigger just because my height gauge base is really quite bulky. Ill send you a pm now about the chuck, which i would be very interested in.