PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Grays online problem

EFI_914
18th Aug 2016, 11:52 PM
Hi guys.
Recently I purchased an item on Grays online and the item included various tooling as pictured.
The auction was interstate and I arranged to have a courier pick up the items and had the blessings and guarantee from the seller that all would be fine.
Upon delivery I have found that a key item that I had counted on was not there.
I spoke with the seller about it and he said that he gave the item to another buyer as he didn't think I would need it.
He was not very helpful with any form of resolution to this problem, he was too busy.
I am currently trying to escalate the case with Grays but they don't want much to do with it.

Any experience out there on what my options are?
As I see it the goods are mine and they have been taken after a sale agreement.
I would appreciate any thoughts.
Cheers
Edwin

Michael G
19th Aug 2016, 07:48 AM
I'd suggest contacting your local consumer affairs office. If you bought on the basis of a picture and you were not supplied everything in that picture, you should be entitled to redress.

Michael

bob ward
20th Aug 2016, 08:11 AM
A messy and unpleasant situation. If the online auction follows the usual live auction practice then the goods are yours and are at your risk on the fall of the hammer, i.e. Greys won't be interested in your situation.

Seeing that the seller has knowingly taken your goods, that is theft. You do have some leverage there with the threat of reporting the matter to the police. But whatever you do don't delay.