PDA

View Full Version : Coal or coke supply

12bolts
6th Jul 2016, 09:38 PM
Im looking for coal, (preferably) or coke, (not so much) in the Townsville Q. area. Just in small quantities, (10-20kgs would be sufficient for now) for backyard/hobby use.
Can anyone point me somewhere, (politely :D)

Cheers Phil

AndrewOC
10th Jul 2016, 10:13 PM
A chap was fishing for interest to sell on the facebook group, yesterday. Search emerald and coal.
A.

Old Croc
14th Jul 2016, 08:09 PM
Phil, you can buy coal and coke in various particle sizes and quantities from the cokeworks in Bowen. I would not leave it too long though as they have decided to close the plant. I dont know where I will get my supplies from in the future with road freight getting out of control.
Rgds,
Crocy

12bolts
17th Jul 2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks Crocy,
I have been to see my local farm supply place and they can get coal from "down south", but minimum order is $300 worth. Still waiting to find out how much you get for $300 and what sort of "coal it actually is.
As a matter of interest how far "north" are you?

A chap was fishing for interest to sell on the facebook group, yesterday. Search emerald and coal.
Andrew not sure what Im doing wrong but I cant find anything recent for Emerald and Coal on Facebook. Best I can get is something from 2012 local council news.........

Cheers Phil

Old Croc
18th Jul 2016, 09:10 PM
Thanks Crocy,
I have been to see my local farm supply place and they can get coal from "down south", but minimum order is $300 worth. Still waiting to find out how much you get for $300 and what sort of "coal it actually is.
As a matter of interest how far "north" are you?

Andrew not sure what Im doing wrong but I cant find anything recent for Emerald and Coal on Facebook. Best I can get is something from 2012 local council news.........

Cheers Phil
Still worth ringing the Coke Works. In Townsville, Phil.
Rgds,
Crocy.

AndrewOC
18th Jul 2016, 11:17 PM
Hi 12bolts,
Sorry I wasn't more specific, the facebook group is 'Australian Blacksmiths, Bladesmiths and Knifemakers Network'. A search in that group using 'emerald' and 'coal' hopeful comes up with the chaps post of July 9 at 10:01am.
regs,
AndrewOC