PDA

View Full Version : sporting occupation

eskimo
1st Jun 2016, 09:20 PM
Sporting events are varied and many.
But who of you have heard of Esports...computer games played at a professional level.

I am talking big money...money that ones likens to the pro tennis etc.

Many games are played but probably the two most popular are Dota and CSGO, with several others viing for a spot.

Dota's last major world champs had a prize pool of just over $US18million of which the winning team of 5 players took home just over 5mill i think it was....or around 1.1mill each.

Puts a new slant on yelling at your kids to get off the f%÷×+ing computer and get a job.

Google " esports earnings" if you dont belieive its happening.
I found out the easy way...my son...he bought his own HSV Maloo ute with his own money

Its a sport that is steadilly growing ie Alie Express has just announced a $US 5 million investment over 3 yrs.....there is one scandinavian country that has introduced it into their school curriculum.

God help us.....lol

Harry72
2nd Jun 2016, 08:55 AM
Its been around for years, here in Oz we rarely hear about these kinds of things because our market is to small to warrant publishing it.

Hell look up drone racing or robot wars... its quite spectacular to watch :D

The older school generations mostly think that video games are for kids, 90% of the games market is aimed at young to middle aged!(and older...)
I allways laugh at the guys at work who pay me out for being a "gamer"(pewl pewls they call them...) when all they do is go home and sit in front of a TV, I always say my games are just like watching a movie or game of footy just more interactive.
I've just finished a game called Uncharted its better and more spectacular than any action movie, actually has a good story line and makes Indiana Jones movies look quite boring:o

The thing I find funny the most is the oldies who use to say "bloody video games waste of time and money going to wreck your life" yet these are the ones likely to be down the pub/club pumping the gold coins into a pokey machine... talk about ironic! :;

eskimo
2nd Jun 2016, 08:57 AM
Its been around for years, here in Oz we rarely hear about these kinds of things because our market is to small to warrant publishing it.

Hell look up drone racing or robot wars... its actually quite spectacular to watch :D

yeah drone and robots are good too ...but that is not playing a computer game which is what I getting at.

Oldneweng
2nd Jun 2016, 07:16 PM
Our lives are becoming more and more sedentary. That is why western society is becoming more obese by the year.

I haven't watched TV for years. I find it very boring. I also find video games, sport and pokies very boring. But that is me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people like to watch golf. That concept just totally confuses me.

Dean