PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from Adelaide

wakeup111
30th Apr 2016, 06:01 PM
Hi there, I'm a new member here. I live near Adelaide, South Australia, I'm retired and have had a life long interest in engineering.
The machine shop (black hole according to the boss) is a home for a Sieg C3 (7" x 14" mini lathe), a Sieg X2 (mini mill), and a Russian 3" lathe, the one with the round bed.
My main interest is making small i.c. engines, specifically model aeroplane engines. I may have attached some photos of some recently finished motors, the result of about 6 years work on and off. I'd never make money in production!!
cheers
Bill Pudney

Michael G
30th Apr 2016, 06:38 PM
G'day Bill
Welcome to the forum. Seigs I've seen but how about a few pics of your Russian lathe?

Michael

Steamwhisperer
1st May 2016, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum Bill.
I fear you are going to be incredibly popular here with pics uploaded in your very first post.:D
Can't wait to see some of your work.

Phil

YBAF
1st May 2016, 12:29 PM
:cheers2:

wakeup111
1st May 2016, 06:40 PM
No pictures of the Russian lathe I'm afraid, but here's a link to everyones favourite site....
Russian Round-bed Lathe (http://www.lathes.co.uk/russian/)

Thanks for the welcome!!
cheers
Bill

China
1st May 2016, 10:07 PM
Welcome to forum many years ago I worked for Southern Model Supplies have a few bits and pieces for some engines laying around they were locally made can't remember the brand without moving a few boxes and having a look

Grahame Collins
2nd May 2016, 02:26 PM
Hi Bill, and Welcome to the forum.

Grahame

old1955
3rd May 2016, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Bill.

China
5th May 2016, 12:45 AM
Hi Bill the brand of engine was "Taipan" factory was at one stage in Somerton Park