PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Leighg
12th Apr 2016, 11:04 PM
Hi to all. I have also been reading away for a while and learning heaps although what I know isn't much compared to what I see here

Sydney based but fortunately we have a farm about 200kms south west of here. My farm shed has the usuals plus a Hercus CTM 260 which I have had for about a year (yes met Mal several times - jealous of his shed!), a press drill I built about 30 yrs ago out of an old Dawn post drill, a spare elec motor and motorbike gearbox (not overly accurate but it does a good farm std job) and a fantastic old Abel Mk 1 welder I bought for 50 bucks about 10rs ago here in The Shire.

Coming projects are to learn to use the lathe better (mucking around is how to do that) and I want to build a forge, elec blower, charcoal, I am only prepared to buy a on/off switch other than that all of it comes off the scrap heap, I have a small rail anvil and some old tools from the old place at Condobolin. As a young kid I was Dads blower operator so spent plenty of hours turning to old Rapid B Sydney blower as he reshaped horseshoes, sharpened crowbars etc. Wish I'd have watched him a bit closer then and kept the anvil and swage block when we sold the place:)

Steamwhisperer
13th Apr 2016, 07:23 AM
Welcome Leigh
looking forward to future projects etc. and of course there is the usual rule regarding pics:D

Phil

old1955
13th Apr 2016, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Leigh.

YBAF
13th Apr 2016, 03:11 PM
:cheers2: