PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery and Flooring

Goggomobile
28th Feb 2016, 11:06 AM
Hi all
sick of me yet ? 👻 I'm on a roll.

I want to do my own carpeting and seat upholstery? Why ? the budget and she who must be obeyed are on my back. 🐨🐨🐨

I removed the covers and padding carefully to use as a pattern. I've blasted and repainted the springs and frames. In great nic considering the age.

What fabric should I use .. Vinyl, fake leather, ??
Advantages and disadvantages. I'm going to get an old industrial sewing machine and give it a crack.

Carpet I think this could be easy ?. Some good Utubes ..

Randal

Goggomobile
28th Feb 2016, 11:13 AM
Some interior pics ..

Master Splinter
29th Feb 2016, 08:59 PM
I would coat the floor pan with a few coats of underbody sealer/noise deadener; it'll provide an anti-scuff layer to the paint to stop it wearing through and it'll help keep the noise down. You could even spring for some noise deadening panels and underlay from a car audio shop.

And you'll probably find that once you pay for an old industrial sewing machine and seat covering material, you'll be pretty close to the price of having it done for seats that simple.

I'd get carpet and seat material from a car or marine upholstery place; there is some pretty nice stuff around these days so you won't be short for choice.

Carpet is pretty easy if you plan it well and use newspaper sheets to test fit things and develop a pattern.