PDA

View Full Version : Safety in the shop/workplace

Mike4
26th Feb 2016, 06:49 PM
The discussion which followed the "man killed by angle grinder" has prompted me to ask about some points which I see raised in many forums , both professional and home shop ones.
That is wearing long sleeves , gloves,etc while operating a piece of equipment , none seem to take onboard how hot or cold the area may be , how experienced the operator is , if they have a healthy respect for the spinning bits and have either been trained or have trained them selves never to bend over or reach over a rotating machine .

Much of the critical comments seem to come from people who have the luxury of a warm or cool shop where the person being criticised has to work in a freezing open site or in the sun for hours on end to get the work completed.
I have been in both situations and have simply told the person who was " trying to make it safe " , to P!$$ off in no uncertain terms.

I would like to know if others had had their work interupted by these safety people.

I am not telling anyone to act the idiot around equipment especially rotating shafts or chucks.

I am just curious about the activities of these people who seem to be doing their best to prevent anyone from working .

Michael

clive hugh
4th Mar 2016, 11:01 AM
When I was working in NW on mine sites we has safety people with no trade background and that is a problem.