PDA

View Full Version : Delayed parcels from overseas.

Mike4
6th Jan 2016, 10:12 AM
Has anyone else experienced any long delays with parcels coming from overseas.
I have tried to ask Australia Post but they don't seem to be interested as I don;t request tracking numbers which are only proof of delivery .
I couldn't care less about the time of year , the parts in question were expected to be here by 24th Dec 2015 at the latest , it's now Jan 6th and no how .

I am starting to request that any orders are not posted as it is always a battle to get them here on time with any postal service.
Michael

.RC.
6th Jan 2016, 11:44 AM
Christmas probably slowed it down. I just received six parcels in the one day that were posted over a couple of weeks back early December.

Whenever there are public holidays it seems to stuff up delivery times considerably.

Oldneweng
6th Jan 2016, 01:43 PM
I have had a number of parcels including a pool that weighed about 150kg delivered in what I thought was reasonable time for this period. I am in a position where AusPost will deliver directly to my gate, but couriers generally ring me and get told to give the package to the postman, who delivers it to my gate. It is only in the last year or so that this has been happening and prior to that I refused to use couriers as it resulted in me having to drive 120km round trip for pickup. This is to a town I have visited about 8 times in 15 yrs. I did have to pick up the pool because of its size and weight, but I had the trailer in Mt Gambier that day and just did a detour to Casterton on the way home. Bought the worst fish and chips I have ever tasted while in Casterton. I told SWMBO to check hers and decide whether to go down the street to another takeaway shop. We went down the street. SWMBO said that the chooks did not eat the fish either. :oo: The other shop did an exellent pizza.

I got a call from a courier today asking about delivery of 30m of shadecloth and whether we went to Casterton. This is the end of the line for them. She is going to ask whether the postman can deliver it and if not bring it out. It will probably have to be Friday tho. No problem. I am not ready for it yet. It is to go over the pool.

I agree that tracking numbers are a waste of time with AutPost. We had to give the postman (Frank) authority to sign for parcels in our name so he can take possession of them from a courier. He has not pinched anything yet that I know about. :D When he signs for a parcel it is listed as being delivered and I get an email saying so. I just received an email saying this, regarding the shadecloth so I guess that means that it will be at the gate tomorrow thanks to Frank. One handy thing about tracking numbers is that those from AusPost tell us to go down to the letter box and grab parcels. The letter box is 150m away and out of sight from the house. Apparently Frank does not like heavy parcels. He must hate me then. :D

Dean

KBs PensNmore
6th Jan 2016, 05:25 PM
Michael, it's not only from overseas that's the problem, I bought some stuff from a member of the forum in QLD. back about 14-15 December, still waiting for it????:? Emailed him on Christmas Eve and was told it's on it's way!!!!