PDA

View Full Version : Hare & Forbes now selling "Meat Processing Equipment"

Com_VC
3rd Jan 2016, 09:53 PM
I just visited the Hare & Forbes website and noticed that they are now selling "Meat Processing Equipment" I chuckled a little.

Times must be tough!

Meat Processing Equipment | For Sale Sydney Brisbane Melbourne Perth | Buy Workshop Equipment & Machinery online at machineryhouse.com.au (http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Meat-Processing)

YBAF
4th Jan 2016, 05:43 PM
I just visited the Hare & Forbes website and noticed that they are now selling "Meat Processing Equipment" I chuckled a little.

Times must be tough!

Heh, it could be that H+F have seen the way meat prices are skyrocketing and are expecting a lot more 'home hobbyist' meat processing of OP beef.:U

Mike4
4th Jan 2016, 06:12 PM
Just the desperate getting desperate.
they need to change their attitude towards equipment , I recently had the misfortune to order parts for a small lathe from their brisbane office .
The sales person was very arrogant and dismissive , he has no idea of what I use or how my workshop is run .
I am looking at finding contacts in China for spares to Asian equipment and totally bypassing the local "suppliers" .

I may still buy an occasional bit from them but only if I cant get it somewhere else.
Michael

Ueee
4th Jan 2016, 11:37 PM
I bet some sales consultant dropped the D word on them- Diversification! They are just trying to make money where they can, many farmers still slaughter their own meat so they need the gear to do it.

Com_VC
4th Jan 2016, 11:42 PM
Haha, maybe they can start selling farm machinery next.

clive hugh
5th Jan 2016, 06:58 PM
Just the desperate getting desperate.
they need to change their attitude towards equipment , I recently had the misfortune to order parts for a small lathe from their brisbane office .
The sales person was very arrogant and dismissive , he has no idea of what I use or how my workshop is run .
I am looking at finding contacts in China for spares to Asian equipment and totally bypassing the local "suppliers" .

I may still buy an occasional bit from them but only if I cant get it somewhere else.
Michael
when you run accross someone like that put it in writing to the management at head office, theres nothing like a good reaming to improve people's attitude.

Mike4
6th Jan 2016, 09:22 AM
I couldnt be bothered wasting time writing to the Senior management as I prefer to take direct action , eg buy elsewhere .

Suppliers are all becoming very similar in their approach to a customer who may only purchase a part or machine at irregular intervals .

If I were to regularly purchase a $200k machine they would be all over me like a bad smell, until the attitude of the sales people changes and they learn to treat all customers equally I will buy from elsewhere .

My new vehicle purchases have ceased as there is way too much plastic and creature comforts along with "safety systems", all of which make all new vehicles unfit for purpose .

No machine manufacturer will allow a customer to spec a piece of equipment to their needs except for heavy truck suppliers.

Even these are being changed by the softly cuddly group.

I want practical reliable equipment which can be repaired and kept for as long as the owner wishes , not some pretty looking soft piece of disposable junk.

Michael