PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up!

Gunplumber
3rd Jan 2016, 10:37 AM
Hi all, I just signed up. I have a few years behind me in my trade as a Fitter but am always keen to find out new things. I'm setting a new shed up in my back yard this year with a view to filling it with machines to do some home projects and start a small gig for myself. I am keen to get hold of a metal shaper as well as a project so if anyone out there has one sitting there looking for a new home let me know.

KBs PensNmore
3rd Jan 2016, 02:56 PM
Welcome to a top Forum, Gunplumber. Have a look on Ebay or Gumtree, sometimes a reasonable machine can be found there.
The only reason someone on here gets rid of a machine, is either they need the room or a bigger machine!!!
Kryn

Gunplumber
3rd Jan 2016, 04:09 PM
Hi Kryn, Happy New Year! thanks for the reply, I have been sniffing around and there are a couple of good ones out there but I keen on some particular brands and am prepared to wait.

Grahame Collins
3rd Jan 2016, 04:40 PM
Hi and welcome,
One avenue you might consider is one of the older state high schools.Ones that date back to the 60s and 70s. There may well be a an old hercus shaper in a storeroom somewhere.

I am not being critical but the majority of man arts -now technology teachers would not have seen one let yet know how to use one.

In these days where everyone is short of a dollar it may be a good win /win situation for both parties.

just a thought
Grahame

Gunplumber
3rd Jan 2016, 09:43 PM
Hi Grahame, Thanks for the welcome and Happy New Year! I will look into it as there are a few old country schools around here that may have what I'm looking for, It never even crossed my mind.

Regards

Jason

old1955
7th Jan 2016, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Gunplumber
7th Jan 2016, 04:32 PM
Thank You