PDA

View Full Version : Daylight robbery

neksmerj
1st Oct 2015, 08:42 PM
There's a lot of really generous blokes on this form, so I have to thank forum member Argeng for dropping off a Flymo electric mower this morning.

It wasn't working as the lead had been cut and sort of patched up. At this point I should state that I have a high front fence, and can't see my nature strip.

With the mower on the nature strip, I went inside to grab a multimeter, and on my return a minute later, the mower was gone. Some bathplug nicked it!

Can you believe that, "Gone in 60 seconds".

I'm half kiddin, I wouldn't be that stupid.........and don't bother commenting.

In reality, I went over the mower and found the motor to be open circuit, presumably burnt out. Googling Flymo revealed that in almost every case of failure, it was a burnt out motor.

Reluctantly I placed the mower on my nature strip, and half an hour later, it was someone else's treasure.

Thanks Argeng anyway, it was a kind deed just the same.

Someone suggested I tie my missus up to a tree out the front........nah, couldn't be that lucky ??

Ken

eskimo
1st Oct 2015, 09:53 PM
Try it and let me know if it works...lol

Dingo Dog
3rd Oct 2015, 02:06 PM
:d:d

dd

KBs PensNmore
3rd Oct 2015, 06:21 PM
I've had a similar experience, coming back from a 3 week trip away, unloading the 4WD, which was parked by the front door of the unit I was in, someone took my camera with 5 rolls of film (1 roll was of the grandson only a week old at the time), CB radio (just cut the wires) out of the cab. Recently a local in Murray Bridge, was unloading their car from a trip, and had the Engel fridge on the verandah, gone for a minute, came back and it was gone.

BaronJ
4th Oct 2015, 02:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Some years ago I used to run a shop on a small parade next door to a cafe and sandwich shop. We all used a local chap that cleaned our windows. Anyway one day he had done cleaning, including mine, and left his ladders leaning against the wall at the side of the window whilst he went to get a coffee and a bun. A few minutes later he was in the shop asking me if I had seen his ladders. Actually I had, I could see them at the side of the door lent up against the wall. However I never saw them disappear and if I had I would have assumed that it was him that took them.

On another occasion I was disturbed by a man that rushed into the shop shouting "phone phone the police the police," and had I seen anything. It seemed that he had parked his BMW on the frontage and it being a warm day had left the car windows open and some one had hopped in and borrowed his radio !

The best side of this was that I hadn't seen anything anyway and that he had a mobile phone in his hand. I'm sure you will guess what I said to him :U