PDA

View Full Version : Goggomobil Parts

Goggomobile
28th Sep 2015, 07:25 AM
Hi all
if you have any Goggos or parts let me know.
Randal

KBs PensNmore
28th Sep 2015, 08:24 PM
Hi Randal,
Don't you have enough of them already??? Read an article in yesterdays Sunday Mail about a bloke who drove his Dart in the Bay to Birdwood Yesterday. There were at least 6 others in the run. He currently has 10 and had 16 at one stage.
PM sent.
Kryn

matt2
6th Oct 2015, 07:19 AM
Hi all
if you have any Goggos or parts let me know.
Randal

Hi Randal good to see you have started the sedan.

Goggomobile
26th Oct 2015, 09:34 PM
Kryn
Bay to Birdswood .. Now that's a car rally .. I think I know the chap with the Goggos .. I have a dream .. When I've finished I plan to go in the rally ... I have friends in Glenelg and Lonsdale ... Drink plenty of wine and beer after woods ... ��

Randal

Snapey
9th Jun 2019, 10:42 PM
In the late 1960's I knocked around with a bloke called John May. When Bill Buckle ceased his involvement with Goggo's it was John who bought the complete stock of Goggo spare parts. John died many years ago & I wonder what happened to all of those spares and the cars he had. Cars like the WLA Harley engine Dart and the sedan I was told clocked 108 MPH @17,000 RPM on Conrod Straight but the one I'd love to have now is the supercharged Borgward engine sedan. That little red beast did 14.6 at Castlereagh which in 1967 was an extremely good time. I only drove it once but it's an experience I'll never forget.

The car was built by Neil Mackay who sold it to John, I hope it has survived and although it's not a true Goggo to me it's a prime piece of Sydney Goggomobile history.

Snapey
25th May 2021, 02:35 AM
Two things I need to correct from my previous post regarding the Goggo Borgward. It was a coupe and not a sedan and the standing quarter time was 15.4 and not 14.6. I wonder where it is now.392234