PDA

View Full Version : Older Deckel???

DSEL74
24th Sep 2015, 12:39 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262061548126

variant22
24th Sep 2015, 10:36 AM
Alexander clone of an early lever-type Deckel FP1. I have read over on PM that there were some changes (apparently gear pressure angles for the heads and pulley size differences) - meaning possibility for non interchangeability with Deckel parts.

For the ask price I'm not overly impressed by the corrosion which could well extend to the ways. Might be a resto-rescrape project for someone at <50% the ask price. But 3k and a ton of work (and potentially parts) later and you have a clone of an early lever type FP1?

thorens
24th Sep 2015, 10:40 PM
Alexander clone of an early lever-type Deckel FP1. I have read over on PM that there were some changes (apparently gear pressure angles for the heads and pulley size differences) - meaning possibility for non interchangeability with Deckel parts.

For the ask price I'm not overly impressed by the corrosion which could well extend to the ways. Might be a resto-rescrape project for someone at <50% the ask price. But 3k and a ton of work (and potentially parts) later and you have a clone of an early lever type FP1?

i agreed, not worth
the asking price , i would wait for the real Deckel
Peter

DSEL74
24th Sep 2015, 10:42 PM
Last real Deckel I tried to buy you took home Peter.

thorens
25th Sep 2015, 01:14 AM
oh . is that you :)
sorry mate . i still haven't got that one going yet .
Peter