PDA

View Full Version : Getting old

neksmerj
13th Sep 2015, 11:28 PM
You know you're getting old when the ten minute walk to the local shops takes fifteen minutes to get there and thirty minutes to get back.

You know when the only thing hard in the bedroom......is bending down to try and tie your shoe laces. Nothing else works.

The matic starts rusting up along with the shovel, crow bar and barrow.

A wet dream indicates you've just piddled your pants.

I hate getting old. I can recall busting my guts to get up early 30 years ago to construct blue stone walls, move large rocks around to landscape the block, take the dog for a walk twice a day returning an hour later. No longer, I now have to use mechanical devices to replace my lack of energy, it's pitiful.

You know you are getting old when you lift a light load and fracture your spine in 4 places, or fall over.

Looking at young sheilas in the super market raises the heart beat, but that's all, it's gone. The rest is just a dream.

Thank god I can still lift a glass of medicine and open a pack of fags without running out of breath.

I'm sure some of you fall into this category, it's sad.

How's aging effecting you?

Ken

KBs PensNmore
14th Sep 2015, 01:10 AM
Hi Ken,
With me, my back goes out more than I do, when I do go out, it's to funerals.
Putting my pants on and I'm out of breath, I have to use braces to keep them up.
If God had meant for me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.
I get slip on shoes that don't require me to bend down to do them up.
15 years ago I used to run every where, now I've a job to run to the toilet.
I'm full of aids, Eating, Listening, Looking, Walking.
I now suffer CRAFT disease. Can't Remember A Flaming Thing
I used to take that many tablets, that when I walked, I'd rattle.
Kryn

BaronJ
14th Sep 2015, 04:00 AM
Yep, Its a me too :)

Sex ! My mind making promises that my body can't keep :no::no::no:

Old-Biker-UK
14th Sep 2015, 08:14 AM
You know you are getting old when you sell a motorbike to buy a ride-on lawn mower.
DAMHIK:saddest:

Mark

KBs PensNmore
14th Sep 2015, 06:22 PM
Could be worse Mark!! Selling the bike to buy a gopher :oo:.
Kryn

scottyd
14th Sep 2015, 06:27 PM
I reckon id sell my missus before I sell the speed triple...

but then, im not really old yet :p

bwal74
14th Sep 2015, 08:16 PM
You know your old when your the only bloke in the lunchroom reading the newspaper and everyone else is on their I phone.

On the plus side, I mustn't be too old, looking at buying a Sprint ST.

Ben

scottyd
14th Sep 2015, 10:56 PM
Go the triumphs! Dad has had a bunch of sprints over the years, hes on the hunt for an ST now, but he's terribly picky.

Then again, he is old :P

Great bike though!

Dingo Dog
15th Sep 2015, 02:32 AM
Aint gunna sell any of my bikes, I want to die doing what I have done since 1964, riding murdercycles. My back is stuffed, right knee has just gone wonky and if I fall off the m/cycle, i know I am going the same way as a glass bottle on a brick wall.

DD

Steamwhisperer
15th Sep 2015, 08:03 AM
You blokes have it all wrong
We aren't old, we are old,er :D

Phil

Combustor
16th Sep 2015, 12:57 AM
Sure, this old age thing has its limitations and drawbacks, but then again,
when I was eighteen, women of sixteen to maybe nineteen were of interest.
Nowadays, women from sixteen to beyond sixty six are all a source of fascination and puzzlement.
Folk used to tell me I should broaden my interests. Now I know what they meant.
Combustor.

wm460
19th Sep 2015, 01:31 PM
Could be worse Mark!! Selling the bike to buy a gopher :oo:.
Kryn

I got plans for my gopher when I need it.:2tsup:

Probably get done by a copper.:p

KBs PensNmore
20th Sep 2015, 01:01 AM
I got plans for my gopher when I need it.:2tsup:

Probably get done by a copper.:p

Wot's that Mark, instead of 5KW motor, 100KW motor:D

Kryn

Mike4
25th Sep 2015, 08:17 PM
We are all getting there but at least most can still operate a machine , I find that it's getting harder to read the divisions on handwheels , good excuse to fit a DRO to all machines.

Michael

sacc51
27th Sep 2015, 07:09 PM
You know you are old when you spend more time with the Doctor than in your shed and when you do get in the shed you find you can't do much anyway because your dam hands/arms hurt so much. Lucky my wife offers to help clean the lathe - for some reason she won't oil it though, don't know why!

neksmerj
27th Sep 2015, 10:28 PM
I know I'm getting old when climbing up an extension ladder becomes extremely scary. I was up and down my ladder all yesterday arvo trying to patch a leaky roof and making my kitchen exhaust fan vent impervious to possums.

My calf muscles quickly let me know I pushed it too hard, but the reward was no more possums in the roof, and no more water all over the gas stove top.

In all I'd say a good day, not so for my fury friends.

Ken

Grahame Collins
28th Sep 2015, 09:22 AM
The Cat in the Hat on Aging

I cannot see
I cannot pee
I cannot chew
I cannot sc-ew
Oh,my God, what can I do?
My memory shrinks
My hearing stinks
No sense of smell
I look like hell
My mood is bad - can you tell?
My body's drooping
Have trouble pooping
The Golden Years have come at last
The Golden Years can kiss my ass

Gerbilsquasher
28th Sep 2015, 03:07 PM
Not just me then :D

I've seen a lot change in 15 years... back then it took 8 weeks to build a 18 x 9m shed. Now the same size shed has taken 10 months and I've only just finished the frame.

I've had back surgery and have a few other issues, but what seems to have taken the biggest hit is my motivation.

sacc51
28th Sep 2015, 04:29 PM
There is nothing I could do 40 years ago that I can't do now: problem is it now takes forty times longer to do it!

mcostello
29th Sep 2015, 06:18 AM
I am still the same stud I was at 18. What do You mean it's time to wake up already!!!!!!!!!!! There goes that dream, along with all those babes! Oh well.:-

shedhappens
29th Sep 2015, 08:49 PM
yeah.... getting old eh...

spoze you blokes have put wheels on everything and also have numerous brain fade note pads strewn about the shed ?

I'm thinking about a ladder with a little platform and winch to clean the gutters now :rolleyes:

But as they say your only as old as the woman you feel, so maybe I could kill two birds with one stone and trade mine in on a new model and get her to clean the gutters :D

shed

neksmerj
29th Sep 2015, 10:26 PM
Shedhappens,

Your reply is priceless.

Boy I'd love a new model, the old one expired years ago when she walked out for a newer model, now she's on her own when he nicked off for a newer model.

A nice bit of fluff to clean out the gutters would be the ants pants, 'cept my gutters are so full of s**t and holes, they need replacing.

Once upon a time that was easy peasy including down pipes, now it's all too difficult.

Ken