PDA

View Full Version : Charlicks engine reconditioing in Adelaide closing.

familyguy
6th Sep 2015, 03:16 PM
To all forum members in Adelaide, Charlicks engine reconditioning works in Somerton is closing and everything is for sale most of it is engine related but there is still plenty stuff that isn't I passed up a large eclipse magnet chuck approx 150mm x 450mm for $150 too big for any machines i've got. I saw stationary engines, 3ph and single phase motors, worth a look, open most days from mid morning to late afternoon.

Stustoys
6th Sep 2015, 04:55 PM
I think my BIL said he was.getting an engine rebiult for his vintage car in Sa. Hope thats not the place.

I passed up a large eclipse magnet chuck approx 150mm x 450mm for $150 too big for any machines i've got.
At that price if no one local wants it, and a member calling in there and wouldnt mind shipping it. I'll put my hand up.

Stuart

snapatap
6th Sep 2015, 08:16 PM
I got a 3 jaw Taylor chuck and a set of adjustable reamers and pilots from there. If any of you guys go there don't give him low ball offers on stuff, you wont get very far. Stuart if you are interested in that mag chuck PM me and I can get it for you. There was also a Deckel style vertical milling head there. He got it with a Maho mill he had but the dove tail is different. I can go and have a look at it if anyone is interested.

Stustoys
6th Sep 2015, 08:39 PM
pm sent

Thank you

Stuart

variant22
6th Sep 2015, 10:43 PM
There was also a Deckel style vertical milling head there. He got it with a Maho mill he had but the dove tail is different. I can go and have a look at it if anyone is interested.
I am interested to know about the vertical head and if it fits a Deckel FP2. A photo would confirm.

WCD
7th Sep 2015, 12:07 AM
I am interested to know about the vertical head and if it fits a Deckel FP2. A photo would confirm.

.. and if it's too small for an FP2, I am interested to know about it!
Thanks,
Bill

Theberylbloke
8th Sep 2015, 06:21 PM
.. and if it's too small for an FP2, I am interested to know about it!
Thanks,
Bill

OK. I give in. I'll join the infinite deckel head post society at number three. Next!

Cheers

The Beryl Bloke

snapatap
8th Sep 2015, 07:06 PM
Ok guys here are the pics.
I'm pretty sure it is MT2. the dove tail is approximately 210mm long 10.5 high and 47.1 wide at the tips.

jhovel
8th Sep 2015, 09:16 PM
Any idea what he would want for that? I will put myself in line for it as No 4, as it may be adaptable to my horizontal mill - especially because of the drive pulley at the back - the position of my drive on the Cash mill. I'd only have the make a matching dovetail to fit on the overarm brackets....

snapatap
8th Sep 2015, 10:21 PM
Any idea what he would want for that? I will put myself in line for it as No 4, as it may be adaptable to my horizontal mill - especially because of the drive pulley at the back - the position of my drive on the Cash mill. I'd only have the make a matching dovetail to fit on the overarm brackets....

Not sure what he would want for it. I'll find out when I pick up the mag chuck for stu.

Theberylbloke
8th Sep 2015, 11:40 PM
Ok guys here are the pics.
I'm pretty sure it is MT2. the dove tail is approximately 210mm long 10.5 high and 47.1 wide at the tips.

Thanks for taking the trouble to get and post the photos.

Not sure what Deckel this head is from. As far as I know, most Deckel stuff comes in 40 taper or MT4 with the exception of one head which is MT1. Almost for sure not FP2 size dovetail. Curious as I am, I will pass on this.

Cheers

The Beryl Bloke

variant22
9th Sep 2015, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the photos. It's not a Deckel FP2 item. So that rules me out.

snapatap
9th Sep 2015, 08:00 PM
Asked for a price and got make an offer. If any one is interested PM me and i will give you his phone number and you can negotiate. I am happy to pick it up, package and send it. Just don't want to be the middle man.

WCD
9th Sep 2015, 11:04 PM
Thanks for posting that info. It does have that Euro-mill look, but it's not the Deckel high speed head I thought it might be so I will leave it.
Cheers,
Bill

RVK355
14th Nov 2015, 03:48 PM
I seen he was advertising alot of stuffon gumtree for a while, has he sold all of his gear or has he sold it all!

Michael G
14th Nov 2015, 09:51 PM

Just for the record, I bought it as I think I can mount it on my mill when a quill feed would be useful. Thanks to Bob's knowledge of these things he was able to identify it as a Centec Mk3 vertical head. (Centec was a UK brand)
There are some parts missing and a little repair is needed (not to mention better paint), but I think it will do the job.

Michael