PDA

View Full Version : Metal work machinery

Doubles
16th Jan 2015, 06:56 PM
We have a collection of metal work machines (milling, lathes, measuring instruments) which needs to be dealt with from a deceased estate!
Have no idea where to start with selling them or if anyone is interested???
Majority came from DSTO in Victoria.
Any ideas of where to start???
Close to adelaide.

.RC.
16th Jan 2015, 07:40 PM
A list and photo's would be a start I guess...

Also if you are capable of posting or preparing for transport is a big thing on prices... That increases your number of prospective purchasers...

Doubles
16th Jan 2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks.RC.
the thing is I have no idea what they are!!
so I'll get some photos up asap.

Michael G
16th Jan 2015, 08:00 PM
Don't worry about identifying them if you can't. There are plenty of people here who can. If you take photos, I suggest an over-all shot plus one of a name plate if it identifies a brand or model number. Include a post it note with a number on it in the photos (so people can say "Number three is a ____". For smaller items in particular if it is not apparent perhaps include a ruler or tape measure in your pictures so size can be estimated.

Michael

Doubles
16th Jan 2015, 08:20 PM
It's all pretty disorganised and messy but I'll get the photos up.
The heaps of boxes of gauges and measuring instruments that go with them is daunting,
All the Swiss made instruments come in great wooden boxes which I could restore and sell for probably more than the state they are in at the moment!!!!

scottyd
16th Jan 2015, 09:24 PM
Id like to register some interest in a milling machine if its not huge! :2tsup:

snapatap
16th Jan 2015, 09:47 PM
I'm interested in any measuring equipment there might be.

StevenManos
18th Jan 2015, 10:29 PM
I'll put my hand up for a lathe as we've been looking for one for quite some time for our community makerspace. looking forward to seeing the photos ;)

Steven.

jhovel
18th Jan 2015, 11:11 PM
It's all pretty disorganised and messy but I'll get the photos up.
The heaps of boxes of gauges and measuring instruments that go with them is daunting,
All the Swiss made instruments come in great wooden boxes which I could restore and sell for probably more than the state they are in at the moment!!!!

Whatever you do, don't touch ANYTHING with sandpaper to 'shine it up'!
I look forward to the photos too.

leelumi
19th Jan 2015, 06:26 PM
One plus

DSEL74
18th Feb 2015, 07:25 AM
?????