PDA

View Full Version : Lathe inspection in Melbourne

robin2014nz
22nd Jun 2014, 11:40 AM
Hi Guys, I've been lurking here for a while, I joined up a few months ago. I work as an engineer in the O&G industry. I trained in fitting & turning over 40yrs ago, I'm collecting treasure for my pending retirement and found a lathe I've been looking for for ages in Melbourne. Since I live in Perth I was wondering if there was anyone on here from Melbourne who could give it the once over for me please? I'm happy to help out with expenses, dinner vouchers or whatever. If you can assist please PM me your phone number and I will give you a call to discuss.

Cheers
Robin.

(Note - this is a re-post from the older sale site forum).

danielhobby
25th Jun 2014, 05:24 PM
Hi Robin,what suburb does this lathe live in?

Bryan
27th Jun 2014, 07:47 AM
I work as an engineer in the O&G industry.

Obstetrics & Gynecology? :?

.RC.
27th Jun 2014, 07:59 AM
Oil and gas..

robin2014nz
28th Jun 2014, 07:48 PM
Sorry, I've been a bit slack replying, just got home from 20 days at work. It was a nice looking small DSG (11x33 or thereabouts) with the high speed option, reputedly came from a medical manufacturer. Greg from this forum offered to go look at it for me but when I rang the dealer in Bayswater last week it had already sold.

I first saw this at the end of March but then dicked around for ages trying to decide whether to buy it then figure out how to get it inspected (and not spend $750 for air travel + taxis in the process). As my sister likes to remind me, indecision becomes decision with the passing of time.

Cheers
Robin.