PDA

View Full Version : Problem viewing "attached" thumbnails/pics

HiString
19th Apr 2005, 02:40 AM
I don't know whether anyone else has encountered this or has an answer, but here goes...............

When viewing posts where the poster has "attached" an image (or link to an image) we see what I will call a "sub-window" with the words "Attached Thumbnails ". What I have found is that in the majority of cases, there is absolutely bloody nothing there :confused: . Occasionally but not that often, I will be fortunate enough to see a dash/hyphen/underscore (or plural), which is a link to an image, on these occasions, I feel as though I have won the damned lottery.

Can anyone please explain this inconstistent phenonema and tell me how to set things right.

Cheers. :cool:

simon c
19th Apr 2005, 08:40 AM
Hi String

Check the following:
In the bottom left of this page there is a box labelled Posting Rules. One of the rules is IMG which should be on.

If it is not on:
Cllick User CP in the toolbar towards the top of the page
Select Edit Options from the left side menu
Go to Thread Display Options and click Show Images
Save Changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the page

ubeaut
19th Apr 2005, 09:21 AM
CLICK HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=10757&page=2&pp=15&highlight=thumbnails) and read PaulS's post. This might help if the other doesn't.

Most problems are with personal security settings, not the forums.

Cheers - Neil :)

HiString
19th Apr 2005, 01:23 PM
Simon, that side of things is all OK.

Neil,

That could be the answer right there as I run the same firewall as PaulS, so I will loook into that for a solution. Many thanks.

ChrisO :cool:

outback
19th Apr 2005, 03:09 PM
I had the exact same problem. Twiddle with ya firewall, for some reason it probably thinks the pics are popups or similar.

HiString
20th Apr 2005, 10:36 PM
Thankyou gentlemen, that seems to have been the problem.

ChrisO :cool: