PDA

View Full Version : Help - What's Happened????????????

DPB
29th Jan 2005, 01:39 PM
I can't add pics or smilies to my posts. Although I have done so many times before, I am unable to do so now.

Does anyone have a simple suggestion? Perhaps I've inadvertantly changed something in my settings.

Sturdee
29th Jan 2005, 05:27 PM
Don, I had this problem last year where in some areas I could not post or see smilies. In the Posting rules box does it show that Smilies are on and that you may post attachments?

If not pm Neil and he'll fix it.

Peter.

ubeaut
29th Jan 2005, 06:46 PM
G'day Don - Go to User CP and into Edit Options then go throught the settings and make sure you have a tick in the box for Show Images in Visual Post Elements and maybe choose Full WYSIWYG Editing in miscelaneous options.

Failing all else, make sure you haven't jacked up the protection too high on your fire wall or something similar if a new one has been installed.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil :)

DPB
30th Jan 2005, 01:48 PM
G'day Don - Go to User CP and into Edit Options then go throught the settings and make sure you have a tick in the box for Show Images in Visual Post Elements and maybe choose Full WYSIWYG Editing in miscelaneous options.

Failing all else, make sure you haven't jacked up the protection too high on your fire wall or something similar if a new one has been installed.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil :)
Thanks, Neil.

I checked out these settings and they seem OK. My problem has become worse since posting the original request for help. I now can't even post anything - Oh, by the way that is using Mozilla Firefox. :confused: As you can see from this post, however, I can post if I use Internet Explorer.:p

My preferrence is to remain with Firefox, but I can't see anything in Firefox settings that address this issue. Has any other Firefox users experienced anything similar?

vsquizz
30th Jan 2005, 02:19 PM
Get the Ad-aware out or spybot, Pest Patrol, whatever.

Cheers

DPB
30th Jan 2005, 02:41 PM
Get the Ad-aware out or spybot, Pest Patrol, whatever.

Cheers
That was it! Thanks a million!:)