PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Levels

simon c
20th Jan 2005, 11:39 AM
Having recently become <I>a splendid one to behold</I> (thanks guys, :o ) I was looking at the different levels and to me they appear a little inconstent. eg I found the transition from <I>just really nice</I> to <I>a glorious beacon of light</I> quite a big step.

I'm also not sure I'm looking forward to the next step of going from <I>a splendid one to behold</I> to <I>has much to be proud of</I> - it sounds a little like "could do better".

Assuming that ubeaut has implemented the the standard categories provided by vBulletin, the full list is here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/images/reputation/reputation_manager.png

(If you are using a new version of Internet Explorer and you can't read the list, move your mouse over the list and click on the "Expand to Regular Size" icon that appears in the bottom right hand corner)

I'm going to make a suggestion, and I'm happy if the powers that be rule it out as being too much work for them, but it might be fun?

What about we put together our own list of woody related terms? I particlularly think we could do with some more above 2000 as there are a lot of people with very high reps (reputation beyond repute? pah!)

A tongue in cheek list could be something like:
550 Tradesman
650 Journeyman
1000 Craftsman
1500 Pancake maker

Or would we spend forever arguing about the levels?

Simon

Termite
20th Jan 2005, 11:46 AM
I cant wait to get enough points to graduate to "total wanker". ;)

barnsey
20th Jan 2005, 12:55 PM

Why worry - we all already know that - you don't need to graduate :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry - lead with a chin like that and it was to good to resist :p

silentC
20th Jan 2005, 12:58 PM
We need one for 'opinionated yank' too :D

Termite
20th Jan 2005, 01:12 PM
Why worry - we all already know that - you don't need to graduate :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry - lead with a chin like that and it was to good to resist :p
Now you know how I ended up with the idiot of the year award last year. I'm a slow learner, the number of times I've warned other people what a pack of bastards you all are only to forget it myself. :D :D

Zed
20th Jan 2005, 03:16 PM

i'd like to help but i'm not allowed.

Kev Y.
20th Jan 2005, 03:41 PM
We need one for 'opinionated yank' too :D

No need, just looking at the country of origin it is already assumed

(to all our us of a members no malice is meant by this comment :p )

Zed
20th Jan 2005, 03:56 PM
now theres an idea - new member could be seppo and work you way up to aussie via france,germany, austria, sweden, etc....