PDA

View Full Version : Here it is - Now give it a go.

ubeaut
16th Dec 2004, 12:27 PM
OK you metalworkers..... You asked for it so here it is.

Give it a bit of a try and see what happens. We may consider enlarging it if it proves to be popular enough. ie adding extra forums like Machining, Welding, Wrought Iron, etc. etc.

Lets just see what sort of response we get first.

Cheers - Neil :)

Thommo
16th Dec 2004, 02:09 PM
You are just to good Neil.

Hope it doesn't take over :eek:

Yours in woodwork Thommo

HappyHammer
16th Dec 2004, 02:13 PM
Cheers Neil.

Gumby
16th Dec 2004, 02:37 PM
Since this is a metal work forum, um, can we restart that discussion about Ned Kelly in here ???? :p :D

gatiep
16th Dec 2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks Neil. Good stuff. Now do we apply the Shellawax while the metal is spinning or when it's stationary?

:)

ozwinner
16th Dec 2004, 06:18 PM
Thanks Neil. Good stuff. Now do we apply the Shellawax while the metal is spinning or when it's stationary?

:)
No! you apply Glowawax, while the stuff is still glowing. :D

Al

bitingmidge
16th Dec 2004, 06:30 PM
This is fantastic stuff!!

Now for the sake of accuracy, how hard will it be to find every reference to foil and move it to its rightful forum??

:D :D :D
P

vsquizz
16th Dec 2004, 09:17 PM
Still being a boily at heart I want to make sure this forum is not contaminated by pancakes...:D

Thanks Neil

Cheers

nexusone
16th Dec 2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the prompt action!

Steve

rodm
16th Dec 2004, 11:45 PM
Great stuff and thanks for the addition. There is a huge lathe and milling following so I hope it kicks off on this forum.

Rebus
18th Dec 2004, 10:04 PM
Great news. I have always liked woodwork and have derived great pleasure from this board. I don't see the two areas as being in conflict, more as complementing each other.

Only recently I bought a second hand Hafco (Hare and Forbes) 300mm x 900mm metal lathe and have spent a small fortune tooling it up. Until now I was unable to find anything like the metalworking equivalent of the Woodwork Forum.

I hope that this section takes off, there is a lot that I can learn and I may even be able to contribute to others learning.

Great stuff Neil, your blood's worth bottling. :D