PDA

View Full Version : Use of board

DavidG
8th Dec 2004, 09:47 PM
I find that when I log on and select "New Posts" that if I get called away I loose the remaining new posts. :mad:

I have found that by logging out there is a "Todays Posts" which stays regardless of how long you take. :D

I now log out and stay that way until I need to make a reply to some thing then I log on. A real pain in the A....

Is there any way we can have the "Todays Posts" option whilst logged on? :confused:

ps Don't take the logon option when you try to make a post from the logged off state. You logon but loose your reply when you post it. :( Go out and then log on from the front page. Find the post and reply.

barnsey
8th Dec 2004, 10:57 PM
G'day Dave,

Same thing happens to me except I hadn't worked out your :rolleyes: solution.

Why when I'm reviewing New Posts do I suddenly find that I've logged out and logged in without me knowing? :mad:

It seems like if I follow a URL it sometimes happens, but I spent 20 years in systems analysis and I'm not about to take on the job that Neil probably pays for. :o

Love to hear any explanations. ;)

Jamie

RETIRED
8th Dec 2004, 11:52 PM
I think that this has been discussed before but try SimonC's answer here.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=12450

HTH.

Rocker
9th Dec 2004, 02:34 AM
I would love to have a "Today's posts" option rather than "New Posts".

Rocker

silentC
9th Dec 2004, 08:30 AM
Try this:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/search.php?do=getdaily

Put it in your bookmarks.

DavidG
9th Dec 2004, 10:11 AM
silentC
Duhhhh.
I should have thought of that.
Thanks. That is easy.

Rocker
9th Dec 2004, 08:11 PM
Silentc,
Can you tell this (more or less) computer-illiterate how to bookmark that? it didn't work for me.
Rocker

ozwinner
9th Dec 2004, 08:14 PM
Right click on link, save in faves, or add to faves.

Al :)

Rocker
9th Dec 2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks Al:)
Simple really, when you know how.
Rocker

Grunt
9th Dec 2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks Al
Simple really

Yup, Al's simple.

:D

vsquizz
9th Dec 2004, 11:41 PM
Yup, Al's simple.

:D
Oh No! I don't think he's simple I think he's very complex...or is that "has a complex" mmm...if you have a complex does that mean a) you own a shopping centre or b) you are complexicated??:confused: ..uh I dunno??? you'll have to ask Al's therapist.;)

Cheers