PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:NSW Hercus Vertical Milling Attachment Castings etc

Swarfmaker1
2nd Dec 2010, 02:20 PM
I have a few sets of Hercus Vertical Milling Attachment castings for sale. These are cast in grey iron, easy to machine and gives a nice finish. It fits in place of the compound slide. It's very handy for machining Loco cylinders and other line boring operations as you can adjust for spot in centre height , no shims. These castings will fit both 9 and 10 inch Hercus, Southbend, Boxford and probably Sheraton lathes. Weight is close to 10kg for 4 items.

See photo below.

I'm asking bargain price $85 for each set plus postage. All machining can be done on the lathe but a mill would make it easier. I can supply A4 drawings at no extra cost. 6kg

I also have some Slotted Cross Slide castings left at $50 each plus postage (drawing incl). These are technially the Hercus extended cross slides with boring table and hole for comound slide. It allows the use of the rear toolpost and standard compound slide together.

I'm in Springwood NSW, postcode 2777.

Send Private Message - First in best dressed.

Peter.

HavinaGo
7th Dec 2010, 10:13 AM
Thank you Peter,

Cross slide casting (pictures (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f189/hercus-extended-cross-slide-casting-127815/#post1243348)) arrived last night complete with drawings - neatly packed.

Your notes via PM look helpful.

A January project I hope!

All the best.