PDA

View Full Version : Power Hacksaw

Bryan
10th Jul 2010, 09:13 PM
Seeking unloved power hacksaw. Needs to be salvagable or at least have some good bits. Up to $100 for one that works. Preferably within a couple of hours of Adelaide. Will consider traveling further / paying more for something really good or interesting. Must weigh less than 300kg. Please PM if you can help.

Single-phase
17th Sep 2010, 05:15 PM
Might be what you are after?
Parkanson Horizontal Hack Saw (Condition Unknown). - Lot # 10 (http://www.evansclarke.com.au/detail.asp?id=220812)

eskimo
22nd Sep 2010, 04:41 PM
Might be what you are after?
Parkanson Horizontal Hack Saw (Condition Unknown). - Lot # 10 (http://www.evansclarke.com.au/detail.asp?id=220812)

I was going to say that....

Gavin Newman
25th Sep 2010, 02:57 PM
Bryan

Are you still looking for a power hacksaw?

Gavin Newman
25th Sep 2010, 04:40 PM
Bryan

These are the pictures referred to in the PM

Bryan
25th Sep 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for that auction link guys. I didn't look at the thread till Gavin PM'd me. It went pretty cheap. Wonder what else TAFE are flogging off? Anyway I'll have a look at Gavin's (PM sent). Cheers.

Gavin Newman
25th Sep 2010, 06:00 PM
It went pretty cheap.

I wonder if that's because it's 3 phase?

Bryan
25th Sep 2010, 06:19 PM
Yes but I think I've seen 3 phase Parkansons go for twice that on ebay. But one just went cheap as well. "Condition unknown" is a bit of a put-off though.

eskimo
29th Sep 2010, 09:05 AM
i had a bid on that parkenson but lost out as I thought the auction finished at 4pm but in fact closed at 3pm while I was out window shopping and picking up some lathe stuff
1510 to find an email telling me i lost :((

but i did get the porche 7x12 bandsaw at the same auction....apart from some surface rust from lack of use its it suprising good nick for a 1984 tafe item...I think its been in storage for a long long time. The tray is full of dust covering most of the swarf..its almost 1/4 in thick
guide blade bearings are a tad rough and noisy but every thing works. gearbox has oil...but how much should it have?..and what type?...anyone know

came less wheels to roll around the shed but thats easily fixed....when i get around to it.......why do today when it can wait till toomorrow...or someone else might get the wobblies and do it for me

if i had won both I was going to offer to sell the one I didnt want to you Bryan

Bryan they flogged off a heap of woodworking stuff at the same auction and most of it went real cheap...a planer thicknesser went cheaper that my old Dewalt one
most of it was suited to commercial use and not home workshop use

Bryan
1st Oct 2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys. I've purchased Gavin's saw.

eskimo
2nd Oct 2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys. I've purchased Gavin's saw.

can I store some stuff in your shed?..it must be HUGE!!!!!

Bryan
2nd Oct 2010, 01:19 PM
can I store some stuff in your shed?..it must be HUGE!!!!!

Let's put it this way: You've got two chances... :p But I'm wondering what makes you say that? It's only a little saw. Am I missing a joke? Actually the shed is a good size. It was one of the reasons we bought the property. But of course it's full of stuff...

eskimo
3rd Oct 2010, 09:52 AM
the pics must lie...the saw looks huge....

Bryan
3rd Oct 2010, 10:43 AM
It's all done with mirrors. For scale, that's a 14" blade. Gavin and I lifted it onto the ute. If it was a 500kg Parkanson I'd have no way to unload it. That's Gavin's shed in the background BTW. It's not huge, but is very clean and very tidy. Mine is a big dirty shambles. :-

eskimo
3rd Oct 2010, 10:59 AM
I must have the same shed as you...lol

Gavin Newman
13th Oct 2010, 07:22 PM
IThat's Gavin's shed in the background BTW. It's not huge, but is very clean and very tidy.

Thanks for the compliment - when I married the domestic goddess almost 30 years ago I made one rule and one rule only - "there will be no household junk, garden junk or cars stored in the workshop - EVER" - and it's been like that since day 1.

Rgds - Gavin