PDA

View Full Version : New/Unread Posts

LineLefty
27th Sep 2004, 12:56 PM
When I come to read the Forum in the morning I click on "New Posts" and it works perfectly. Problem is, I dont really get the chance to flick through all of them in one session so the next time I log on, the list of new posts is smaller because the ones flagged as new before arent anymore.

This is, a post is defined as new if it is created since yuor last visit. Is ther someway of marking all posts as "read" and then doing a query on all unread posts? So after three weeks away you can comeback and graduallly flick through the new posts without having o do it in one session.

RETIRED
27th Sep 2004, 09:54 PM
When I come to read the Forum in the morning I click on "New Posts" and it works perfectly. Problem is, I dont really get the chance to flick through all of them in one session so the next time I log on, the list of new posts is smaller because the ones flagged as new before arent anymore.

This is, a post is defined as new if it is created since yuor last visit. Is ther someway of marking all posts as "read" and then doing a query on all unread posts? So after three weeks away you can comeback and graduallly flick through the new posts without having o do it in one session.
Gooday. About the only way I can see of doing it is to open the new posts and then save the page and look at it that way BUT you will have new posts accumulating while you read them.

The Board refreshes every 15 minutes if there is no activity.

The only real solution is to open save every new post and read them off line.

ozwinner
27th Sep 2004, 09:57 PM
So after three weeks away you can comeback and graduallly flick through the new posts without having o do it in one session.
Three weeks away!!
Are you going to goal??

Al :confused:

RETIRED
28th Sep 2004, 01:05 AM
Just about. New baby. :D

Dan
28th Sep 2004, 10:08 PM
Have a look through this thread, especially Waynes post.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=71816

It won't help you catch up on three weeks worth though. :eek: