PDA

View Full Version : is this trailer worth it?

welder
8th Apr 2010, 01:16 AM
i just need a second opinion on this trailer is it worth it he wants $ 900 for it it is 9 months old here is the description and pic

Deck dimension:
2590mm length
2140mm width (1670mm width between wheel arches)
Overall length: 4350mm

-Excellent condition, very solid galvanised construction
-Tool box
-Ezimove jocket wheel (Costed $190 in Dec.09)
-Trailer coupling lock for security
-LED lights
-7 pin flat plug
-12 x tie down points
-Safety chain
-2 x removable ramps for loading (Store in compartment under trailer if not use)
-Holden rims
-Tare weight 380kg, GVM 750kg
-Rego until 13/07/2010

rod1949
8th Apr 2010, 03:52 PM
Going by your name you're a Welder. So you must have some nouse on how much it would cost in materials and labour to make. If its what you want then yes. If you buy it and then modify it to suit your requirements then maybe its not.

buildspacetrain
8th Apr 2010, 06:48 PM
You can't buy much for $900 these days, but this looks good to me. It's large and the gal must have cost a fair bit too. Easy to weld a few sides on if you want to. Finding time to build a trailer is hard enough even if it is cheaper. I know kos I'm building a tandem now. Go-on buy it before someone else gets it.:2tsup:

buildspacetrain
8th Apr 2010, 06:58 PM
Forgot to add that 750 kg it's probably got no brakes, that might be a problem for you as the cost to put a braked axle on would be a few hundred.

Bazzmate
9th Apr 2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah, looks good for the price - IMHO.
The good thing about that trailer is that (it's galvanised and . . . ) you could make a removable box (or removable sides or removable cage panels) so that you could then have a box trailer or a flatbed trailer.
Cheers.

zuffen
11th Apr 2010, 09:40 AM
Does it have any suspension.

The wheels look pretty close to the guards.

Looks like it was built to move a golf buggy.

For that money you'd be hard pressed to pay for galvanising.

SurfinNev
11th Apr 2010, 09:48 AM
Looks like it was built to move a golf buggy.

Maybe it was, but wouldn't a golf buggy of any sort weigh more than 370KG which is all the trailer can legally take without brakes?

Nev

DJ’s Timber
11th Apr 2010, 10:11 AM
Maybe it was, but wouldn't a golf buggy of any sort weigh more than 370KG which is all the trailer can legally take without brakes?

Nev

Just did a quick Google and electrics are about 225kg and petrol are about 275kg

Dobre
11th Apr 2010, 10:49 AM
Going by your description it sounds like the trailer is in great condition and I am sure that they are selling it a loss. The issue is that is the trailer going to suit your needs because it will be limiting for what you may want to use it for. This should be your biggest problem because its only a bargain if its of any use to you.