PDA

View Full Version : Board a bit slow today?

HappyHammer
19th Aug 2004, 02:59 PM
Is it me or is the board a bit slow today seems to be getting stuck occaisionally?

I'm at work and we have a big pipe to the net so don't think it's this end?

HH.

Wood Borer
19th Aug 2004, 03:07 PM
It might be you Happy - seems OK for me.

Maybe you took too many pills this morning and the rest of the world is a bit too slow for you. Are the people in your office moving in slow motion to you?

- Wood Borer

silentC
19th Aug 2004, 03:09 PM
Not that I've noticed, although I'm running through ISDN over fencing wire and old coffee tins (regional Telstra exchange) so it's probably not something I'd be aware of.

Wood Borer
19th Aug 2004, 03:16 PM
ISDN?

I simply don't know ;)

- Wood Borer

HappyHammer
19th Aug 2004, 04:04 PM
Maybe it's the pills I didn't take WB.

craigb
19th Aug 2004, 04:12 PM
Seems quick to me. But then we've got a T1 link or something. Whatever that means :rolleyes:

Zed
19th Aug 2004, 04:16 PM
T1 = E1,

E1 = 2048k

2048k = equivalent of 32 voice ccts. (except for the signalling and sync link which makes it either 31 or 30 voice / data ccts)

1 voice cct = 64k

at SDH of course - you start talking ATM or Frame relay and things change...

DONT! call me a nerd! :D

craigb
19th Aug 2004, 04:19 PM
T1 = E1,

E1 = 2048k

2048k = equivalent of 32 voice ccts. (except for the signalling and sync link which makes it either 31 or 30 voice / data ccts)

1 voice cct = 64k

I don't have to. You've outed yourself !!
:D :D

silentC
19th Aug 2004, 04:23 PM
A big nipple cripple for you next ime I'm in Sydney, Zed.

Zeddy is a nerd, Zeddy is a nurd, nyah nyah nyah nyah :p :p

Sorry, I think I took some of my kid's cough medicine by mistake this morning....

Zed
19th Aug 2004, 04:44 PM
the retention of knowledge whence it relates to ones job description does not constitute nerdliness, pencil-neck! nerdliness relates to the ability to spout useless techno gibber such as the square root of negative pi or famous chess moves etc...

craigb
19th Aug 2004, 04:47 PM
Sorry, I think I took some of my kid's cough medicine by mistake this morning....

So whose cough medicine do you normally take? :D

silentC
19th Aug 2004, 04:51 PM
the retention of knowledge whence it relates to ones job description does not constitute nerdliness, pencil-neck! nerdliness relates to the ability to spout useless techno gibber such as the square root of negative pi or famous chess moves etc...
Nerd.

gatiep
19th Aug 2004, 04:51 PM
Zed

nerdliness relates to the ability to spout useless techno gibber such as exactly what you spouted! To normal people anyway.

Enjoy your trip

Christopha
19th Aug 2004, 06:46 PM
Zed ain't no Nerd!!! He's THE MUFFIN MAN!

bitingmidge
19th Aug 2004, 07:14 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Muffin Man's a NERD??? !!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
P

ozwinner
19th Aug 2004, 07:25 PM
He makes muffins????

Next he'll be telling us all, how he keeps his hands nice and soft!! :eek:

Al, wid the rough hands.
( although I must admit they is comeing softer) :p

Zed
20th Aug 2004, 09:09 AM
this so called moniker as "muffin man" reminds me of a joke - you know the one where the politician sez "I've been serving your community for 20 yrs, oversaw countless public projects, kissed a thousand babies, opened 2048k buildings, prosecuted 32 corrupt public servants... but you shag one sheep...."

silentC
20th Aug 2004, 09:21 AM
Nerd.

:D

Zed
20th Aug 2004, 09:29 AM
if anyone was gunna pick up that little obscurity it would have to be the chook wouldnt it ? :D

AlexS
20th Aug 2004, 03:22 PM
Politicians serving the public??

Only in the agricultural sense!

Ian007
20th Aug 2004, 03:34 PM
T1 = E1,

E1 = 2048k

1 voice cct = 64k

This is as Billy Connelly would put it is a bit of a waffle from a wally.

But some wallys know some interesting .
But do we care?

Have a look on the net for "my favorite wally" by billy that might describe a few people on this BB

Ian :)

Ian007
22nd Aug 2004, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the red Zed :eek:

But i called you a wally not a nerd :D

Ian

vsquizz
3rd Sep 2004, 01:15 AM
BUMP

I'm not complaining an all but I have noticed a number of times lately that at 10pm in the land of sand (midnight in Mexico) the board goes into the go slow mode, at least for me. I've got the 512 pipe in and everything else still steams along OK so, is it just me or does the board go into maintenance mode or something.

Its actually quite good because it reminds me to go to bed:D . No way can I live with that dialup speed :(

Is my ISP playing tricks on me??

Cheers

HappyHammer
3rd Sep 2004, 11:47 AM
It might be the backup kicking in?

Neil
3rd Sep 2004, 05:36 PM
Have a look at who's on line when the BB slows down. Could be that there are a lot of users all hiting all at once.

I got 1500 in my pipe and can't find anything wrong. I get ticked off when I have to wait 3 seconds for something to load, could never go back to dialup, I'd go mad. :rolleyes:

Cheers - Neil :D

vsquizz
3rd Sep 2004, 05:57 PM
From memory there is not that many online at that time of night (only a few sandgropers and some diehards) but I'll check it out. I has been fairly consistent these last few weeks. Just seems 10 pm an bingo pages take 15 - 20 seconds to load. Thought it was my box doing updates or virus stuff but no unusual process running and other websites, bank etc all go same as usual.

Its them Gremlins in the pipe across the Nullabor what do it:D

Isn't it strange, had to use dialup the other day and nearly died of frustration:eek:

Cheers

vsquizz
8th Sep 2004, 01:12 AM
10:10 pm 16 members & 40 lurkers and took me a minute just to get this thread open. Checked the BOM (weather) etc everything else still zooming except the board.

Why is this so?

gemi_babe
8th Sep 2004, 12:33 PM
Ask Dr Carl!;)

Could just be that the server of the site is extremely busy. Somewhere it would be prime time for users to jump online.... I have dialup, and it doesn't take long to load. I have experienced short delays in pages loading, but take that time to make a coffee. I wasn't on last night, so can't say if I was experiencing delays. See what happens tonight at around 10pm.