Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA.
    Posts
    5

    Default WTB Small Rotary Table, Perth WA

    Hi I'm looking for a small rotary table approx 100mm - 150mm.

    If you have one your not using, please drop me a PM.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Murray Bridge S Aust.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,727

    Default

    Join the end of the que, I've been looking for one for sometime now.
    Kryn
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    741

    Default

    They are not that expensive new, might be easier to just go that way?

    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rotary-T...UAAOSwXXxZV5Vy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    My Apologies, didn't see your post from last year. Where are you located?

    Hope you have some success soon.



    Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Join the end of the que, I've been looking for one for sometime now.
    Kryn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Murray Bridge S Aust.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,727

    Default

    Hi Heavy Metal, is that the type of metal you use or the Music you listen to?
    Welcome to a TOP FORUM. Where are you located, as your location is marked as Austraia, which is a VEEEEERY big place?
    Would it be possible to change your location to a town or Suburb and state, PLEASE, as it makes it difficult when you ask for help chasing an item or needing a hand with something, not knowing roughly where you are.
    I'm in Murray Bridge SA, gateway to the eastern states. I'm looking for one to use as a welding rotator, which is why I'd prefer a worn second hand unit, I'd feel guilty using a new one for welding on.
    As commented earlier, about buying a new one, $100 may not be much money to some, while others on a pension, might find it takes a couple of months to save up for, and there's always something more pressing needing the money, clothes Glasses etc.
    Kryn
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi Kryn
    Actually I thought the thread subject might have given a hint.
    WTB Small Rotary Table, Perth WA

    But I have taken your comments on board and changed my location in my profile, thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm looking for something to make into a 4th axis for my mill. Out here in WA (we call it Wait Awhile) everything costs a Million $$ or takes forever to arrive. I'm actually only just starting out, and really on the lookout for almost anything. I have gathered a bit of lathe and mill tooling and thanks to Rodm's assistance also.
    Cheers Brian




    Quote Originally Posted by KBs PensNmore View Post
    Hi Heavy Metal, is that the type of metal you use or the Music you listen to?
    Welcome to a TOP FORUM. Where are you located, as your location is marked as Austraia, which is a VEEEEERY big place?
    Would it be possible to change your location to a town or Suburb and state, PLEASE, as it makes it difficult when you ask for help chasing an item or needing a hand with something, not knowing roughly where you are.
    I'm in Murray Bridge SA, gateway to the eastern states. I'm looking for one to use as a welding rotator, which is why I'd prefer a worn second hand unit, I'd feel guilty using a new one for welding on.
    As commented earlier, about buying a new one, $100 may not be much money to some, while others on a pension, might find it takes a couple of months to save up for, and there's always something more pressing needing the money, clothes Glasses etc.
    Kryn

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Murray Bridge S Aust.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,727

    Default

    Hi Brian, Thank you for altering your location.
    I realise it's in the thread title, but not in the other part, where most people look when later you start posting more.
    I know what you mean about your comment about WA, very short communication hours, and I used to send stuff over there quite often. I've been starting out for about 12 years, still looking for stuff!!!!! I don't have much in the way of tooling which is why I keep a look out on the Forum and Gumtree for stuff.
    Have you thought about using a 4th axis controlled stepper motor, with an ardino controller, not that I know anything about CNC stuff. I got given a universal dividing head recently, very heavy unit. I'll send you a PM
    Kryn
    To grow old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Age
    30
    Posts
    806

    Default

    I find that private couriers (I use TNT quite a bit) are significantly faster and only a tiny bit more expensive for getting gear from or to WA. I sent 45 kg in a half Meter cube box there for $80 last week

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Hi Brian,
    PM sent. Alan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA.
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi Alan, Thanks, reply sent.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-47 View Post
    Hi Brian,
    PM sent. Alan

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    223

    Default Response

    Hi Brian,
    Suspect there is some sort of software problem as no response seen so far. Thanks, Alan.


    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Hi Alan, Thanks, reply sent.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Athelstone, SA 5076
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caskwarrior View Post
    I find that private couriers (I use TNT quite a bit) are significantly faster and only a tiny bit more expensive for getting gear from or to WA. I sent 45 kg in a half Meter cube box there for $80 last week
    Bus can be cheap also...we used to send a lot of stuff to and from WA and NT by bus

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia east coast
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caskwarrior View Post
    I find that private couriers (I use TNT quite a bit) are significantly faster and only a tiny bit more expensive for getting gear from or to WA. I sent 45 kg in a half Meter cube box there for $80 last week
    E-go isn't too bad, $98 to ship 50kg of $$$$$$ water maker from Sydney to Hobart, depot to depot.

    PDW

Similar Threads

  1. Small Rotary Table
    By bwal74 in forum METALWORK - Machinery, Equipment, MARKET
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th Dec 2018, 09:52 PM
  2. Small rotary table - center taper issue
    By OxxAndBert in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd Aug 2018, 12:15 AM
  3. Small Rotary Table
    By bwal74 in forum THE HERCUS AREA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th Oct 2014, 04:45 PM
  4. Which rotary table??
    By xr6t in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 5th Mar 2010, 09:22 AM
  5. Rotary Table
    By graemet in forum METALWORK GENERAL
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 8th Oct 2008, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •