PDA

View Full Version : Axle length

Tigershark
7th May 2009, 07:51 PM
could anyone please advise me on how to obtain the correct length for a trailer Axle. the width of my trailer is 1630mm.I have tried to ask people who supply axles for trailer but they are reluctant to give a measurement but prefer if you suply an overall length they will make to suit. Any assistant will be appreciated. Note I would like to install a heavy duty axle 45 or 50 mm square bar with ford bearings.

thanks Tigershark

Yonnee
8th May 2009, 10:49 AM
The wheel offset is the last measurement I need to get your axle length. And is the 1630mm the chassis width, or the overall?

Tigershark
8th May 2009, 01:23 PM
Yonnee. The actual chassis width is 1630mm from the outside to outside. I will have to get back to you on the offset for the wheels. As I own a Toyota 4x4.I was thinking of using Toyota hubs with Sunraysia rims

thanks Tigershark

Yonnee
8th May 2009, 01:43 PM
Yonnee. The actual chassis width is 1630mm from the outside to outside. I will have to get back to you on the offset for the wheels. As I own a Toyota 4x4.I was thinking of using Toyota hubs with Sunraysia rims

thanks Tigershark

No worries. All the 6 stud patterns are the same for all commercial models, Toyota, Nissan, Holden, Mitsubishi, etc.
Depending on your model of Toyota, the offset can vary, particularly from live axle to IFS. So if you're wanting to use the 4X4's rims as spares on the trailer and vice-versa, then make sure you get the right wheels that'll suit your tow vehicle first. That way we can get the axle length right to suit.

Yonnee.