PDA

View Full Version : Bitza's bits

bitza500
12th Feb 2009, 04:56 PM
Hi all, well took the plunge and have a Model a lathe stripping for parts,plus also have some new old stock of change gears Apron gears and shafts Half nuts all brand new and have been sitting for over 2years till I found them by accident The well retired owner does not want to be bothered selling all the parts so as I am now a go between

If you need something big or small let me know as he has a stack of bits and is cleaning up so anybody need any Hercus parts

If you do please send me a PM as this way it will not clog up the forum

But 1 Question what would a Model A gearbox and leadscrew and complete apron be worth ????????????????

all the best Derek

pipeclay
12th Feb 2009, 06:20 PM
I bought similar off another member less the apron through ebay for $202.50

bitza500
14th Feb 2009, 06:37 AM
Hi all, well took the plunge and have a Model a lathe stripping for parts,plus also have some new old stock of change gears Apron gears and shafts Half nuts all brand new and have been sitting for over 2years till I found them by accident The well retired owner does not want to be bothered selling all the parts so as I am now a go between

If you need something big or small let me know as he has a stack of bits and is cleaning up so anybody need any Hercus parts

But 1 Question what would a Model A gearbox and leadscrew and complete apron be worth ????????????????

all the best Derek

Hi all, I have a specified day I can go andsee the hippy with all the new gears and parts so please look in your manual and get the page number and the partnumber as it will be quicker

Plus does anybody have a manual for a 1970's Imperial and a Metric Lathes and it would make it easier to sort the parts for the lathe that I could get a copy as mine is 1954 and a few parts have changed since then

bitza500
14th Feb 2009, 09:08 AM

all the best Derek

Also I have a Factory Hercus Cabinet the back vertical pulley assy and a 3phase motor and a 50/50 Lathe bed which has a lot of Chuck dents in it carraige, top and bottom crosslides and will be shortly making new gear rings to rebuild back gears mainshaft pulley gear and also the bullgear

This will be in about a month and I will sell them on a changeover basis as I want to have a back up stock

all the best Derek

bitza500
16th Feb 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi to the Hercus owners Today I have had 3 emails all wanting the same thing
1.Backgears
2. Bullgears
3. Mainshaft Pulleys

I no longer have all these parts and want to start up were my mate the Hippy retired 2 years ago and sold all the replacement gear rings to one guy he has now run out of these

So I am chasing old backgears, Bullgears, and Mainshaft pulley so as I can make some new gears and fit them and sell them on a change over basis

In fact I am chasing anything Hercus as the Lathe I bought all that is left is the gearbox, carraige and the bottom Crosslide and the rear vertical top pulley assy and a Model C Apron
If I sell the gearbox I just miss out on breaking even as I am not in this to make money selling S/H parts but will be when I start replacing the damaged gears So can anyone help as I have people chasing all sorts of parts including worn out Lower cross slide spindles so as to repair the non exsiting thread on the end Tumbler gear mounting the one with the pull out knob
I have a Hippy mate who has more parts than Hercus themselves and I am slowly building up a stock of parts to sell for him like the 2 top cluster gears brand new $35.00 a pair a 56 tooth gearbox gear $ 20.00 a 120 tooth change gear new $100.00 and the list goes on I am hoping to go there tommorow to try and convince him to let me do a stocktake as even he has no idea what he has ,but it has all been sitting for over 2 years and I came in just in time to be able to get all these parts cheaper than anybody else

If you can prove me wrong the Hippy will probably lower the price but these are new parts not SECOND HAND

So please let me know if you even need the smallest item or any gears or other parts as he has wrecked a few Hercus's and does have some bits left over
He has new Apron Gears change gears galore just a mass of assorted lathe parts that I want to stocktake
This way Hippy can put a price on a single item but will discount if you buy lots like I did

so let me know if you have any parts damaged including the spindles for a model A Apron

all the best Derek