PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need hercus 9" parts?????

bitza500
23rd Oct 2008, 07:32 PM
Hi all Hercus Fanatics, Newmac in bayswater have 2 Hercus and 1 Sheraton ex school lathes
1 Hercus is missing all the end gear assy and is a Model C serial No about 12000 it has the factory cabinet a TAILSTOCK she is worn in the spindle and nuts and wants $660
Now I know there are quite a few people chasing parts and is a wrecker
Is anyone interested in any parts as I would have to buy it and strip it as Newmac will sell as is
It has the safety guards the motor THE LATHE BED (BUNCHA) a 4 jaw chuck
It stills runs but someone has robbed Peter to pay Paul so he has a complete Hercus Model A $1100 GST INC
and the Sheraton $1100 GST

Parts
Single toolpostholder
top compound
bottom compound carraige
Model C Apron
Motor
Hercus Cabinet
Tailstock
4 jaw chuck
safety guards
the rear top pulley and motor frame
The Headstock less the Back Gear COMPLETELY
The Lathe Bed and mounts

If enough people are interested please let me know as I want the Headstock ONLY
The rest I would have to sell
to try and get some money back
I asked the guy at NewMac to sell it for parts could not be bothered as they sell machines as is because the Hercus is very popular

What it does not have is any end gears or gear cover it is stripped bare
It has no CHANGE GEARS OR THREAD DIAL sorry Ken

So Please let me know if you are chasing anything as I cannot afford to buy it by myself so if you are chasing bits here maybe a chance to get what you are after
As I believe the Cabinet is worth $150+
So the offer is there if you want to go and have a look it is at Newmac in Gatwick rd Nth Bayswater as if you see the machine and the part you want is ok well let me know as I would need to work out what is worth what and need a deposit or payment in full before bringing home another lathe but as the serial number is 12000+ it is quite a late model and being a school lathe may also be its downfall

so the yucky green machine awaits

all the best Derek bitza500
let me know

John_Budden60
12th Nov 2008, 07:51 PM
I know that I need a guard (right hand -from intermediate pulley to head) for the AR preferably grey. Is this fiber glass?

bitza500
12th Nov 2008, 08:49 PM
hi john, i hope you mean the main beltand pulley cover
no they come factory green and he had one

so just let me know if that is the guard you are chasing
it runs from the headstock upwards and covers the complete pulley system
all the best derek bitza500
[email protected]