PDA

View Full Version : 10 Hercus lathes for sale in Adelaide - $950

jmk89
5th Oct 2008, 08:08 AM
I saw this in the Trading Post and thought that the Hercus bods might want to know:
http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Rural-Machinery/Machinery/Industrial-Machinery/AdNumber=8241598?BackToResult=true

No connections with the seller or the items.:)

wheelinround
5th Oct 2008, 10:31 AM
Jeremy shame no photo's or details and they are not in NSW

Woodlee
5th Oct 2008, 11:09 AM
mmm That's not far from where my parents live.

I reckon that the guy selling them maybe Paramount Browns, IIRC he is located at Cavan and sells 2nd hand machinery .

Kev.

jmk89
5th Oct 2008, 01:23 PM
Jeremy shame no photo's or details and they are not in NSW
Sure is, but maybe some of the SA guys who are into this stuff would buy a couple for parts!!!!:D:D

Big Shed
5th Oct 2008, 02:38 PM
mmm That's not far from where my parents live.

I reckon that the guy selling them maybe Paramount Browns, IIRC he is located at Cavan and sells 2nd hand machinery .

Kev.

That was my first thought Kev, but checked Paramounts' phone no and it isn't the same.

They are certainly in Cavan though.

billrule
5th Oct 2008, 04:44 PM
Kev, just goes to show how easy it is to be misled by your avatar; I always think of you as being a crotchety 78 year-old with no parents in this world...
Come to think of it, Billy Connelly probably isn't a very appropriate avatar for this old bald coot:cool:

Bill

Tankstand
5th Oct 2008, 07:29 PM
Found them! Well, sort of.

Looked in the second hand machinery but no pics of the lathes.

http://www.generaltools.com.au/

footz
6th Oct 2008, 08:25 PM
Guys I have seen them they all 3 phase wont budge on price and done a lot of work, they are ex trade school machines. If anyone wants more info I can go a check them out again.

fubar
6th Oct 2008, 10:00 PM
so thats $950 for the lot right?

Hard to talk with tongue planted firmly in cheek

footz
7th Oct 2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah I think I would of picked them up by now!. Nah its each one, so $9500.00 for 10 LOL

.RC.
7th Oct 2008, 10:02 AM
They will sell some at $950 I am sure...I was informed some years ago that General Tools was one of the more reputable dealers out there...Of course that may have changed in the meantime..

footz
7th Oct 2008, 02:08 PM
I get all my tooling from there now as they are close and seem to sell a nice range of gear. I think they are a subsidiary or work together with http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/ as they have very similar gear.

Gavin Newman
7th Oct 2008, 05:21 PM
Gene

They are agents for them rather than a subsidiary.

I bought my AL320G from them (and subsequently much tooling for it and my $200 2hp s/h mill) and they've been fine to deal with.

There doesn't seem to be much choice if you want machining gear in Adelaide, it's a long way from me down south but there's precious few other shops with the range of gear they have so I make the trek up there whenever the manager of the cheque book is looking the other way.

.RC.
7th Oct 2008, 08:03 PM
I thought Adelaide was one of Australia's manufacturing centres after Melbourne and Sydney???

footz
7th Oct 2008, 08:52 PM
Ahh I see thanx Gavin, They took another 350 bucks of me today for a vise for the mill and a 1/4 pipe tap. Dam these other bits are costing me a fortune LOL. Lucky she who must be obeyed hasnt seen what I have spent. But then again she might have mmm.

Gavin Newman
7th Oct 2008, 09:57 PM
Just tell the missus that if you weren't spending it at General Tools you'd be spending it on loose women and fast cars, or fast women and loose cars......

Woodlee
8th Oct 2008, 12:12 AM
Kev, just goes to show how easy it is to be misled by your avatar; I always think of you as being a crotchety 78 year-old with no parents in this world...
Come to think of it, Billy Connelly probably isn't a very appropriate avatar for this old bald coot:cool:

Bill

Hahahaha:rotfl:

Not 78 probably won't reach that ripe old age although some times i feel that old already.
My parents married young .
Just a cranky 54 year old .Crotchety comes later in life.

Was going to attach my whole avatar but it too big .
Hey!!!!! Just noticed I just made my 1000 and oneth post :yippy:

Kev.

footz
8th Oct 2008, 08:47 AM
Gratz on hitting 1k in posts young fella LOL

and Gavin shhhhh she who must be obeyed has a rough idea about the tools but dam I dont want her to find out about the loose women LOL , just joking. And I have done the fast cars bit, never again. I did a 300z show car up won a few awards what a good waste of cash. All gone now except for some pics and trophies.

bitza500
9th Oct 2008, 10:55 PM
Hi All, my mate rang tonight saying Hare and Forbes have some Hercus for sale as well
Which one I have no idea but the idea is tempting as I am chasing a Lathe Graveyard in the Eastern suburbs of Victoria as My Hercus Cast umpteenth modified I am always chasing parts as I need to round handles/turning wheels to do some work on a Milling attachment they are 3" maximum and prefer 2 1/2" Minimum otherwise fouling occours

No body has found me a Tapered roller bearing headstock as Mick Moyles has nothing

all the best Derek