PDA

View Full Version : Plasma cutter

Ironstine
17th Feb 2008, 10:37 AM
G'day everyone

I have purchased a Chinese copy 200 amp tig welder with high frequence start from ebay and despite all the warnings and hype, it has served me well for the past 12 months but unfortunately it didnt have a plasma cutter included.

I have seen identical tig welders (probably the genuine article)that do have a plasma torch and Im wonding if I purchased a plasma torch would it work on my welder.

As far as I can see, the electrical fittings look the same on both welders and would I simply connect clean compressed air onto the Argon inlet if all other things worked out?

Plasma cutters dont cost the earth these days but I dont want to buy one if all I need is a plasma torch to connect to my existing tig welder.

Thanks for any advice.

Grahame Collins
17th Feb 2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Ironstone
A tig welder is not capable of running a plasma cutting unit from it.Completely different circuitry alltogether.

Grahame

captain_caveman
23rd Feb 2008, 01:25 AM
Gday
Here is a 3 in 1 tig unit but its only a dc tig http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PLASMA-CUTTER-ARC-WELDER-TIG-WELDER-3-IN-1-UNIT_W0QQitemZ110226125633QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11774QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
hope this helps
caveman