PDA

View Full Version : Easy weld chalk att Rachet

Grahame Collins
21st May 2007, 05:50 PM
Hi Ratchet,
Don't put too much faith in Bunnings
I have tried to buy the chalk and lens system through out local Bunnings.The thickwits have displayed a package of replacement chalks for the easyweld system- no lens ,just the replacement chalk.
I spoke to their tools department about fixing this on two occasions and a month later phoned the shop manager with a fineline code for the lens and chalk package ,given to me by the national distributor of eazyweld.
That was ten months ago and no action from Bunnings as yet.

In contrast I told United Fasteners a local nut and bolt shop who carry a fair amount of welding stuff, about this product.Anyone here in Mackay can expect top service from these blokes, they are tops.

They had the product for sale on their counter in two weeks .
I got mine for $27 a find it works well.
If you are an older person an weld with a diopter
( magnifying lens) you find only enough room for the one extra lens -choice ? The infrared lens or the magnifier, in your Techmen helmet

Grahame

ozwinner
21st May 2007, 06:19 PM
Bunnings in Epping Vic have got the whole package of lens and chalk on the shelves, I checked after this subject was brought up previously.

Al :)

acton
22nd May 2007, 09:21 AM
Bunnings in Hobart have them too. I picked one up a while back for $10 if I recall (I think they were getting rid of old stock), but have never gotten around to using it yet. Actually, I have moved since buying it and have no idea where it might be. One thing I noticed was they say nothing about welding through the chalk. Is that OK, or should you draw your line next to the weld?

ratchet
22nd May 2007, 04:46 PM
They are in stock , lens and one stick of chalk , at Parramatta

$30 , a bit stiff

no additional chalk supplies

I would like to know how well it works