PDA

View Full Version : MDT TAC21 Chassis for Rem 700 Police MLR .338 Lapua Magnum?

SkydivingSteve
18th May 2015, 12:07 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a MDT TAC21 Chassis system for their rifle/s and if so, do you recommend them? I am trying to decide between one of these or an AICS L115A3 Tactical Chassis system. It's mainly for LR target comps and occasional camel, goat, pig, etc hunting.

Thanks for the info.

Retromilling
10th Aug 2017, 11:52 PM
Not sure which AICS you are referring too as there is many models . However steer clear of any alloy chassis that has a joint of any kind between the forend stock or tube and the main action support . You want one unbroken unjoined piece of metal from the bipod connection to behind the rear action screw like the AICS 2 . The older AI's are better than the new ones as far as rigidity goes . KRG Whiskey 3 chassis performs well but I am not so sure it's one piece from bipod to rear action screw . I have never owned any of them I build my own and I learned one thing it's all about rigidity especially when you get up around the 338 LM . Light weight means flimsy and flexible = lost accuracy . The Military does not actually need super accuracy but they do need portability so most Chassis used by them are on the lightweight side well lighter than they could be to wring out that last bit of accuracy mainly from reduced recoil and reduced flex . Well designed muzzle brakes area good idea as they tend to keep the muzzle down under recoil and reduce side to side bi-pod skate . The one made in NZ is good but I have forgotten the name right now.