PDA

View Full Version : Campbelltown Steam This weekend

wheelinround
15th May 2015, 02:47 PM
Going Saturday tomorrow anyone else heading out?

http://www.csmm.com.au/

AndrewOC
15th May 2015, 07:36 PM
yep, the Blacksmith Association will be there- expecting at least a handful of demonstrators.
regs,
AndrewOC

wheelinround
17th May 2015, 10:31 AM
A top day yesterday Blacksmiths put on a larger display this term. Light on with Traction engines but plenty military and operating machines. Weather was brilliant.:2tsup:

bwal74
17th May 2015, 03:51 PM
I took some of the family out there this morning.

Great day! Got there at 0900 left 1300. Wife and kids waiting in the car for me at the end.

Took photo's with my phone. The boys loved the steam engines and train rides. My wife couldn't believe they made steam trucks and traction engines.

Awesome day. There's another one on later this year which I will hopefully get to (albeit without the add on's). The Sydney Antique Machinery Club will host the Clarendon Classic Machinery Rally in September at Hawkesbury Showground as well.

Ben

wheelinround
18th May 2015, 12:06 PM
:2tsup: Great photos not as much there on Saturday. A mate went out Sunday said there were two car clubs there also Mini & Ford they were not there on Saturday and I see from your photos more traction engines were out and about also.

Nipper
23rd May 2015, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Glad you all enjoyed your visit, Saturday is usually pretty quiet but it picks up on Sunday.

We were unable to run the Fowler roller due to a small mechanical issue which raised its head on the Friday. A pity because we wanted to show off the new paint job, so she spent the weekend parked outside the shed. Oh well-- see you next time!!

Dennis

wheelinround
23rd May 2015, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Glad you all enjoyed your visit, Saturday is usually pretty quiet but it picks up on Sunday.

We were unable to run the Fowler roller due to a small mechanical issue which raised its head on the Friday. A pity because we wanted to show off the new paint job, so she spent the weekend parked outside the shed. Oh well-- see you next time!!

Dennis

Hi Dennis so you were there :doh: I was looking for my ride LOL.:p

Yes not :~ mate went on Sunday after me telling him all about Saturday informing me about the additional stuff we didn't see. Ah well October is just round the corner.:U

Nipper
25th May 2015, 06:23 PM
Hi Dennis so you were there :doh: I was looking for my ride LOL.:p

Yes not :~ mate went on Sunday after me telling him all about Saturday informing me about the additional stuff we didn't see. Ah well October is just round the corner.:U

Yes, Wheelie, I was there 'til about 10am then I hit the road. The rides still on for October.

Dennis

AndrewOC
29th May 2015, 02:23 PM
A few phone photos from yours truly;
Model engines steaming in front of the full size.

Line-up of oldies.

Visiting Vauxhalls.

Neat model traction engine.

View from the footplate of a full size Traction engine.

enjoy,
AndrewOC

wheelinround
29th May 2015, 05:39 PM
I guess taken on Sunday Andrew cause half that stuff wasn't there Saturday.:C

Beaut view from the foot plate:2tsup: