PDA

View Full Version : Anyone picking up from Braxton (Two Jays Engineering) Grays Auction?

RayG
19th Nov 2014, 04:18 PM
I picked up a Haimer 3D taster at the Grays auction, I'm hoping someone can collect it and post it for me. All costs will be covered and suitable generous inducements can be negoitated.

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0297-5012072/engineering-and-toolmaking/tooling-taster-3d-probe-3-4-shank-vendor-can-pack-and-load-this-asset?redirect=0

It's a 12 hour drive otherwise.

Ray

I can email or PM the pickup authority and the postage details.

variant22
19th Nov 2014, 04:32 PM
I picked up a Haimer 3D taster at the Grays auction, I'm hoping someone can collect it and post it for me. All costs will be covered and suitable generous inducements can be negoitated.

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0297-5012072/engineering-and-toolmaking/tooling-taster-3d-probe-3-4-shank-vendor-can-pack-and-load-this-asset?redirect=0

It's a 12 hour drive otherwise.

Ray

I can email or PM the pickup authority and the postage details.
Nice one Ray. I missed out on the box of Helix Clamps... working instead of watching the auction left me short. http://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/actions/doh.gif

I thought about having a crack at the Taster, and would have if it was a 40 taper. I couldn't really justify having two with the wrong sized arbor..

PS: If you ever want a new home for your FP2L (or know of one for sale..) :2tsup:

NCArcher
19th Nov 2014, 06:56 PM
I can probably pick that up for you Ray.
Would I be able to collect on Saturday? I'll be going through Saturday morning.

RayG
19th Nov 2014, 07:38 PM
I can probably pick that up for you Ray.
Would I be able to collect on Saturday? I'll be going through Saturday morning.

Thanks for the offer, but Saturday isn't one of the listed collection days.. If you are passing through on one of the following days.... :)

Pick up date/time:

Tueday 25/11/2014 between 9:00am & 4:00pm
Wednesday 26/11/2014 between 9:00am & 4:00pm
Thursday 27/11/2014 between 9:00am & 4:00pm
Friday 28/11/2014 between 9:00am & 4:00pm

Location is
2657 New England Highway, Branxton, NSW.

Ray

markgray
19th Nov 2014, 08:11 PM
Hi Ray,
I also brought a few items from Branxton including the spiral step clamps! I have a friend in Maitland who is going to pick up my bits and I am sure he would pick up yours as well. If this suits Email me your winners Email and an authority to pick up ( usually I copy my drivers licence then write underneath that I am happy for the bearer to pick up my Lot number .... and sign it with a mobile phone number as sometimes they like to check all is Ok). He is coming down to see me late next week so I can put it in the mail for you after that.
I owe you one so more than happy to arrange if Ok with you.

PS I also bid on the other 3D taster but dropped out at $149 + extras.

Regards
Mark

NCArcher
19th Nov 2014, 08:22 PM
Sounds like Mark has it sorted. :2tsup:

RayG
19th Nov 2014, 08:56 PM
Hi Ray,
I also brought a few items from Branxton including the spiral step clamps! I have a friend in Maitland who is going to pick up my bits and I am sure he would pick up yours as well. If this suits Email me your winners Email and an authority to pick up ( usually I copy my drivers licence then write underneath that I am happy for the bearer to pick up my Lot number .... and sign it with a mobile phone number as sometimes they like to check all is Ok). He is coming down to see me late next week so I can put it in the mail for you after that.
I owe you one so more than happy to arrange if Ok with you.

Regards
Mark

Many thanks Mark, :2tsup: greatly appreciated... I'll send an email later tonight with all the details required.

Ray

variant22
19th Nov 2014, 10:26 PM
Hi Ray,
I also brought a few items from Branxton including the spiral step clamps!

Regards
Mark
So you are the "M.G" that got them. Glad to see they went to a good home of a forum member. I will be envious for a while. You got a great deal. Don't tell BT about your new collection!

Ray: apologies for the thread jacking and welcome to the Haimer 3d taster club. I use mine every time I touch the mill. A really handy tool.

RayG
20th Nov 2014, 09:32 AM

Hi Mark, that was my upper limit as well, :) by the time you add 20% buyers premium and 10% GST it's just shy of $200, they generally go for $400-500 new on ebay ..

Ray: apologies for the thread jacking and welcome to the Haimer 3d taster club. I use mine every time I touch the mill. A really handy tool.

No problem, that's not off topic anyway.... regarding the 3D Taster, I've wanted one ever since I first saw them... I'll post a picture or two when it arrives. :D

Ray

.RC.
20th Nov 2014, 11:29 AM
Ray, the image of that taster seems to indicate it is stuck in a pushed in state......

RayG
20th Nov 2014, 04:12 PM
Ray, the image of that taster seems to indicate it is stuck in a pushed in state......

Thanks RC, now you've got me thinking I've just bought a dead parrot 3D Taster... :)

I was at Phil's earlier today, and he seemed to think it might have gone over travel. The little hand, which should be point down at zero is what I presume you are looking at.

Ray

.RC.
20th Nov 2014, 05:07 PM
The little hand should point to -2 and the big hand points to the top.... The little hand is just a guide on how many revolutions the big hand has done, the big hand is the one to watch, it is 1mm per revolution.... two revolutions and the taster centre line is aligned with whatever you had the ball against...

Since the ball shaft is designed to break in the event of an overload and the ball shaft is still intact, makes me wonder if either the shaft has been replaced or something else has happened and either a spring is broken or more likely, it is just stuck.. They are fairly simple devices...

markgray
20th Nov 2014, 08:56 PM
So you are the "M.G" that got them. Glad to see they went to a good home of a forum member. I will be envious for a while. You got a great deal. Don't tell BT about your new collection!

Hi Varient,
The step clamps were cheaper than I thought they might be. Hideously expensive new but with most Grays auctions I don't get too excited till I see them. As for Bob I have a little treat in store which I am sure will get his attention. Lets just say Cary/Swiss/micrometer as a tease. Still to arrive from the states but will definately be posting some pictures when they arrive. Actually have a number of Xmas presents sitting in the Shipito warehouse at the moment. Really looking forward to that parcel!!

Mark

pippin88
21st Nov 2014, 08:11 AM
If no one is able to do it and you are stuck, I can probably pick it up on the Friday.

RayG
21st Nov 2014, 10:49 AM
If no one is able to do it and you are stuck, I can probably pick it up on the Friday.

Mark has it organized, so I think we are pretty well all sorted, but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

Ray

markgray
15th Dec 2014, 03:28 PM
Hi Varient,
The step clamps were cheaper than I thought they might be. Hideously expensive new but with most Grays auctions I don't get too excited till I see them. As for Bob I have a little treat in store which I am sure will get his attention. Lets just say Cary/Swiss/micrometer as a tease. Still to arrive from the states but will definately be posting some pictures when they arrive. Actually have a number of Xmas presents sitting in the Shipito warehouse at the moment. Really looking forward to that parcel!!

Mark

Just wanted to add some photos of the step clamps for those interested. The container actually had 18 clamps in all. 6 different sizes (from about 25mm to around 300mm) and 3 of each so turned out to be one of the better Graysonline purchases. They need a good clean but all look in good usable condition.